Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Wishful Wednesday!

Good morning!  I love summer and starting my day with bright rays of sunlight filling my soul with warmth.  I am giddy when I am outside in the greenery and watching each of the different flowers bloom.  I have been enjoying my summer although it's been a bit of a whirlwind with all of the activities I have been doing, I like to stay busy because winter comes soon enough to trap me inside!  I have a lot more reviews and some very exciting plans for the rest of the summer!!

This week, I have decided to do something a bit different for Wishful Wednesday.  Spring and summer bring  the release of gorgeous new clothing designs.  This week for Wishful Wednesday I am going to run down my top five dress choices from some of my favorite retro style companies.  These are the dresses that I must own, the ones I am saving up for and dreaming of wearing!!! 


1. Pinup Girl Clothing: Jenny Dress in Cherry Border Print



I am in love with my Pinup Girl Clothing Ella Dress, I have worn it as many times as possible since I purchased it and have gotten nothing but compliments wearing it so I cannot wait to add more PUG pieces to my wardrobe.  Jenny is a flirty sundress with structured bodice and full gathered skirt designed to flatter every body type.  Michigan is known for cherries, so the bright red bunches of cherries accented by green leaves cascading down the black background is a perfect choice for a Michigan girl.  The contrast of the black with bold red accents draws the eye and makes this dress impossible to ignore.  The shape of the Jenny dress with its boned bodice, adjustable straps, waist cinching contrast belt and gathered circle skirt are just the feminine vintage silhouette that I love to wear.  I would pair Jenny with bold cherry accessories, a ruffly red petticoat and vintage styled red wedges for a fun, fruity look.  Jenny is at the top of my wishlist!!


2.  Heart of Haute: Milan Dress in Rose Garden

Roses remind me of my Grandmother, when I was a child I used to wait eagerly for the roses in her garden to bloom so I could enjoy their unique beauty and revel in their heady perfume.  I love their delicate layers of ruffled petals, delightful sweet smell and graceful beauty.  The Milan dress is a lovely wrap top with pleated shoulders, a matching belt and full circle skirt.  I love the graceful feel of this dress, the neckline is sexy without being too revealing and the dress flatters an hourglass shape like mine.  The rose garden print is so beautiful I feel as if stepping into this dress would be like entering a secret garden.   I would wear the Milan dress with a pretty cream petticoat and a big cream rose in my hair.  I would feel like a rose myself dancing around in this glorious gown!


3.  Lindy Bop: Lana Dress in Blue Crane Print

I love Lindy Bop, I own both their Ophelia in turquoise floral and their Carola halter dress in summer ditsy floral print.  Birds are graceful and glorious, they bring to mind blue skies and winging through the breeze, free, as a bird.  This Lana dress with its soaring crane print is lovely and uplifting.  A scooped bodice with a wide contrast wasp waist accented in the back with buttons and flaring into a full gathered skirt.  I would love to pair this with a pretty baby pink petticoat and simple pearl jewelry.  This dress is breathtaking!


4.  Voodoo Vixen: Connie Dress


The Connie Dress is so adorable!  I have worn glasses since I was 8 years old so the kitschy vintage glasses print is perfect for me, plus I need to add a bright, fun red dress to my collection.  I love the unique vintage inspired necklines that Voodoo Vixen has put on their dresses.   The Connie has a criss-cross neckline that eye catching but not immodest, cute capped sleeves, slim belt at the waist and a full skirt.  I would love to have Connie in my closet for day when I want to look pinup without a lot of effort,  I can wear Connie without a petticoat for casual a day date with the hubby or just running errands.


5.  Hell Bunny: Bessie Dress

Hell Bunny was the very first vintage inspired brand that I was introduced to, I wore one of their 50's style halter dresses at at shoot and I was instantly in love with their style and the fantastic, flattering fit of their garments.  I have worn four different Hell Bunny styles in shoots and own two of my own.  I love the Bessie dress because of its simplicity.  Bessie is a pretty, simple summer sundress featuring a V-neckline accented with embroidered violets, tapered waist that flares into a circle skirt and buttons down the front.  I can see myself wearing this dress constantly it is lovely yet looks so comfortable, its simplicity makes it wearable everyday but it could also easily be dressed up with a purple petticoat and pretty accessories for a pinup event.  I have many Hell Bunny dresses on my wishlist because they have impressed me with the consistently beautiful fit in all of their size ranges and the variety of gorgeous vintage styles to choose from many different eras!

What dress is at the top of your wishlist?!  Follow me on Facebook and Instagram too!!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment