Friday, October 28, 2016

Perfect pumpkins and kooky kitties! My review of the Pinup Girl Clothing Zooey Dress in Pumpkin Border Print


Today I am reviewing the Zooey Dress in Pumpkin Border Print by Pinup Girl Clothing.  This spooktastic dress is a highly anticipated re-release of the classic Zooey Dress in their exclusive Halloween 2016 Collection.  The adorable print of fall leaves, spooky black cats and cute jack-o-lanterns was designed exclusively for Pinup Girl Clothing by artist Stephanie Buscema.  


This was my must have dress of the Autumn season, since Pinup Girl Clothing gave us a sneak peek months ago, I have been stalking their website and impatiently waiting!  I may have gotten a bit obsessed but fall is my favorite season and this dress just screams fall.  It has everything I love-earthy colors, falling leaves, as well as a hint of Halloween with the black scaredy cats and jack-o-lanterns.  I love the vibrant red, orange, yellow, brown and black colors in this print.


  When my box from Pinup Girl Clothing arrived, I tore right into it, wasting no time to try on my unicorn.  I have wanted the Zooey style for years and this print really spoke to me!  The Zooey dress is available in other prints also.  My hubby Kevin was so patient when I insisted we immediately head to the Tamarack Nature Trail and Lakeview Cemetery in our hometown to take photos, I desperately wanted to capture the beauty of the day.  We are blessed to live in a gorgeous rural area and in fall, it comes alive with intense color everywhere!  

Fall is my favorite!  Magical!
The sun was just beginning to set in what is known as the golden hour, those two hours before sunset when the world is bathed in the golden light of the setting sun.  Peak color along with the sun's glow provided a magical backdrop and I felt beautiful bathing in the glories of autumn!


 Zooey features a wrap top bust, with cross-back adjustable straps, a tapered contrasting waist band accented with faux buttons and a full skirt.  I love the fit of the Zooey, I am wearing a size 2x, the cotton/spandex blend material gives the right amount of stretch to hug curves without being clingy.  The bust is a wrap top and cut to fit a variety of bust sizes comfortably. I love how the contrasting waist band emphasizes and minimizes the waist giving the perfect hourglass silhouette.

Outfit Details:
Dress: Zooey Dress in Pumpkin Border Print by Pinup Girl Clothing
Earrings: Orange Glitter Buttons (Similar)
Necklace: Four Seasons-Autumn c/o Buttonsy Jewelry
Petticoat: Jennifer in Yellow by Malco Modes
Shoes: Off to the Laces Ballet Flats in Black by Pinup Girl Clothing
Makeup: E.L.F.
Lipstick: Red Velvet by Besame Cosmetics
I added leafy autumn themed accessories, a fluffy Malco Modes petticoat and these lovely but comfy ballet flats for a pretty but spooky look.  I have worn my Zooey on every occasion possible because she is so unique and comfortable, I want to wear this style daily.  I have gotten so many compliments and comments on this dress, it's definitely a show stopper!  Thank you Pinup Girl Clothing for designing the most glorious vintage style pieces for every body to wear and love; and maybe obsess over....just a little!!  ;-)


HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment