Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Wishful Wednesday!!

It has been very busy for me since last weeks photoshoot and is not slowing  down anytime soon!  I'm preparing for our first official Michigan Pinups for Patriots event tomorrow in Grand Rapids, then I will be going back to Jackson to have fun with Put A Smile In It Photography at their Pinup Picnic event on Sunday, so my bedroom looks like a tornado hit between planning and packing for both!  It feels good to be busy again though.  I look forward to summer in Michigan because there is so much to be done!  Michigan has much natural beauty, many fun festivals and gorgeous locations to be explored, you cannot possibly get bored.  I'm looking forward to adventuring this summer and have plans to shoot on the beaches of Lake Michigan, at antique car shows, in amazing vintage locales and wandering in flower laden botanic gardens.  I'm wistful and ready for summer, long hot days full of fun and friends.  Today's outfit is perfect for cool fun in the summer sun!

We all scream for ice cream!!  It's my favorite summer treat, the perfect way to cool off on a hot day, available in every shape, flavor and color, your ice cream choice is every bit as unique as you are.  That's why I adore this cute Flavor Fave dress from Modcloth.  It screams summer, I imagine walking around in a beachside town, browsing shops and enjoying an ice cream cone while walking on the pier at sunset.  The pistacio hued dress has pastel ice cream cones, a sweetheart neckline and cute white trim, pretty pastels look super chill on a warm day.  It has a boned bodice for shaping with a full skirt, creating a very feminine silhouette.  Another great feature is adjustable straps, as a petite girl who often has to pin or alter straps because they are just too long I prefer adjustable straps, having to fix a brand new dress to fit is my biggest pet peeve!  The straps also allow you the option of a cute criss cross back.  I love Modcloth's philosophy that all fashion is vintage inspired in some way, their varied selection and I am even more impressed that they carry many of their items in sizes from xs-4x.  I believe every woman deserves stylish clothing available in her size!!

While looking for accessories I used Google, I searched for the perfect ice cream fascinator.  I found the fabulous Pearls and Swine, they specialize in pop surreal millinery: hats, half masks, fascinators and avant-garde hair accessories for people who really want to get noticed.  That is exactly what I was looking for, a bold noticeable accessory.  I love this Ice Cream Hair clip from their Etsy shop.  The colors are a perfect match for this dress and what a yummy conversation piece this is!  Triple scoop ice cream cone made of felt with bead sprinkles and hand stitched accents.  Deliciously girly and creative, it is the perfect matching piece of whimsy and fascination!

I've mentioned before that I'm just starting my love affair with shoes.  I was born with clubbed feet, therefore I have wide feet, weak ankles and support issues.  Because it was hard to find shoes that are cute and supportive for many years I only wore plain shoes, no heels, nothing interesting, but lately I've grown sick of plain shoes so I've been looking for shoes that strike me, that make a statement!  I noticed John Fluevog shoes on Facebook first, they stand out because of their vintage sensibilities, interesting design elements and fabulous high style.  I absolutely love the Queen Transcendent Nefertiti, these shoes are amazing!!   Pink and black Polido leather gives a timeless antique feel, braided ankle straps, a slight platform, with aqua accents and the incredibly unique ball and claw heel, based on the legs of antique furniture.  They remind me of neopolitan ice cream, perfect to both match and add contrast to this outfit with the black trim.  Unique shoes are a must for me and the Queen Transcendent Nefertiti are incomparable!

What woman doesn't love a gorgeous purse?  They're a functional fashion statement and can make or break your outfit.  I personally keep half of my life with me in my purse.  I always try to chose a bag that I will love well also because of budget constraints I try to make a choice that will remain fashionable and well made enough to last several years.  Lux de Ville are created for women who love fashion.  Vintage sparkle with a punk rock edge and just the right finishing touch.  I chose the Bon Voyage kiss lock in black and baby green sparkle.  The fabulous sparkle baby green diamond patterned body matches this outfit while the black accent echoes the black on the shoes and adds a bit of interesting contrast, a little edge to all of the pastel colors.  The bag is also large enough to bring plenty of pinup essentials making it the perfect finishing touch!

Coming Friday: All about my first official Michigan Pinups for Patriots event!!!  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment