Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Pinup picnic and Wishful Wednesday!

It has been a very fun but busy week.  Thursday April 30 was our first Pinups for Patriots Michigan chapter event, The American Red Cross Hometown Heroes gala, add family, work and a photoshoot to make for a very hectic schedule.  I will be blogging in depth about our Pinups for Patriots experience tomorrow.  I apologize for getting behind but I'm beginning to think I may need clones of myself to get everything done!! ;-) 

The Put A In It Photography Pinup Picnic shoot was Sunday May 3.  It was a gorgeous sunny day and very early for us (my sweet hubby Kevin went with me) starting at 6 am because Jackson is a two hour drive from our small town.  I arrived to a bustling studio filled with ladies getting hair done, touching up makeup, gushing over pretty dresses, Elvis was bubbling out of the record player, conversations and laughter surrounded me.  Brandy had a goodie bag for everyone that included a hair flower, it was also filled with fun girlie samples and gift certificates from local businesses.  We enjoyed a delicious Chicken Salad lunch from Panera Bread and headed to the park.  It was a sunny, warm day strolling with parasols enjoying the park surroundings, sniffing the blooming flowers, blowing bubbles and taking single or group shots.  I enjoyed laughter and bonding with other beautiful women of all ages, sizes and backgrounds, it was a perfect day!!  Brandy is a great hostess who thinks of every pampering detail, she's also a simply amazing photographer that has a knack for making everyone feel perfectly comfortable as themselves, which shines through in your photos.  It was unforgettable!



Today's Wishful Wednesday is inspired by sunny days and summery fun!!

Collectif Clothing was established in London in 2000.  They cater 1940s-50s style pinup and rockabilly pieces with a flare for originality.  Flamingos have adorned our summer gardens for many years, they're bright, playful and reminiscent of tropical places and summer adventures.  I love Collectif's kitschy Dolores Doll dress in Atomic Flamingo print.  Printed with flamingos, tropical fruit and atomic swooshes this dress is flirty, fruity flamingo fun!!  Classic 1950s styling with button detail at the bodice and a full swing skirt.  Perfect for sweet summer days lazing on the porch swing with a good book or a walk in the park with your sweetheart.

I love brooches, they are a fun, yet cost effective way to add personality to any ensemble, matching or contrasting for different effect.  My favorite Flamingo is by The Peach Flamingo, located in Australia, they make a variety of hand crafted, vintage styled, novelty brooches.  I would wear their  Vintage inspired Flamingo brooch in Pink with this outfit.  The beautifully detailed, graceful and bright flamingo is a unique piece guaranteed to be an attention grabber worn with any outfit.

I'm a huge admirer of Ceci Punch Designs.  I've featured her pieces on previous blogs, find her accessories perfectly suited to my style and she's a sweet person to boot!!  She's constantly bringing us gorgeous new designs.  I love the marvelous Mystic Teardrop earrings in Rosey Cheeks.  The Mystic Teardrops are limited edition, made from vintage marbled plastic with rhinestones inlaid dangling from vintage beads. Each piece is marbled slightly differently which makes each pair a one of a kind work of wearable art.  They are gorgeous and elegant with a flair that will catch the eye!  Ceci Punch's pieces are instant heirlooms.

I'm a big fan of ballet styled shoes, I find something enticingly feminine and graceful about a sweet pair of ballet flats.  Melissa shoes have been manufacturing eco friendly plastic shoes that are the perfect edition to your wardrobe, for over 25 years.  They've designed collections with high end fashion designers like Karl Lagerfeld and Vivienne Westwood.  I chose these Ultragirl Sweet II flats because they are neutral and ultra feminine.  The cream colored plastic with the bold gold polka dot bow detailing on the toe, adds a bit of extra sparkle to this outfit without clashing with the busy print of the dress.  Melissa shoes are perfect for a modern pinup princess!

I adore hair flowers and love Soda Sweethearts beautiful designs.  I'm just starting to branch out and wear pieces with more interest than just one lonely flower.   I'm really loving all the unique handmade pieces Soda Sweethearts offers.  I would top this outfit off with their stunning Peaches and Cream tropical floral hair clip.  It is whimsical and reminds me of Carmen Miranda's fun, fruity headpieces.  Fruity drinks on the patio, dancing or a stroll on the beach, its the perfect sweet accessory for this juicy look.  The best part of getting dressed is adding your own individual touches to an outfit with hair accessories, shoes and jewelry.  What would you wear with this dress?

Stay tuned!!  For lots more fun check out my Facebook or Instagram pages!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment