Friday, April 22, 2016

Pretty in Poppies! Voodoo Vixen Suzanne Dress review.

It has been a tough couple of months here in my household.  Kevin, my husband  has been hospitalized and diagnosed with a mental illness.  It has been a huge adjustment and learning experience for us and doctors visits have kept me busier than I imagined.  This combined with my regular job has meant that I have had take time away from regular blogging to handle this new phase in our lives.  I am happy that things are stable and I can now afford to devote myself to the blog once again.  My blogging and pinup modeling is such a pleasure in my life.  I am so happy to have met wonderful people and discovered a multitude of fabulous creators who are making their mark on the vintage fashion world.  I will be posting many long overdue reviews this coming week from Kiyonna, The Big Tights Company and Dolly and Dotty; as well as reviewing my newest purchases from Pinup Girl Clothing!

Today I will be reviewing the lovely Voodoo Vixen Suzanne Dress.  I love Voodoo Vixen!!  Their flair for retro style, fabulous fit and wonderful fun prints make them one of the best vintage style clothing labels.  I already own the Kitty dress (My review!) and Isabella cardigan, they are such an adorable and lovely set.  I contacted Voodoo Vixen and they were kind enough to send me the Suzanne Dress for review.


Suzanne is a bold houndstooth print dress scattered with with bright red poppies.  Scalloped edges on the bodice and arms are a pretty and feminine touch.  The dress is fits me like a glove with a bit of comfortable stretch in the cotton blend material.  I am wearing a size 2x and the fit is just right, if you are between sizes I would recommend sizing up.  I love the scalloped bodice of this dress, it is so lovely a touch, very vintage styled and feminine.  I find the bodice to be flattering to the bust and the matching belt cinches in at the waist to give a great shape.  Suzanne also has pockets!!  I am a lady who appreciates well thought out design details in my garments and the addition of pockets to this dress is practical while being adorable with the scallop edge detail.
Photo: Put A Smile In It Photography
MUAH: Ashley Leathead
Dress: Suzanne C/O Voodoo Vixen
Stockings: Magic Lady Stockings in Black C/O The Big Tights Company (Review coming Monday!)
Heels: Vintage
The sleeves are also finished with scallop edge detail and are a great length for wearing in cooler weather because they provide a little more arm coverage.  The skirt flares out in a flattering bell shape from the waistline.  Length is mid calf for me at 5'3" which makes this a flattering and modest dress for any occasion.

  This print is so bold and bright!!  I have been trying to step outside of my pastel and floral print box, Suzanne is perfect for that.  The print makes a fun statement that catches the admiring eye of people who just had to compliment me when I wore her out to dinner with my husband!  The poppies would also make this a great dress for Military themed outfits like I wear for my Pinups for Patriots events.  I love wearing these vintage styles, they seem to be a big hit with people both young and old.  Voodoo Vixen is continuously bringing us amazing new vintage inspired designs that are well constructed and high quality,while being fun and flattering to wear!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment