Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Wishful Wednesday!!

Oh! What a beautiful morning!!  The sun is shining and the sky is blue!  It's an absolutely lovely morning outside, the breeze feels like spring has at long last arrived here in Michigan.  I apologize that I haven't been blogging much lately, I've been trying to get rid of the last of a nasty sinus infection that laid me pretty low,  the weather has just not played nice this year.  Being sick paired with the lingering cold weather has made me desperately crave being outside!  I imagine walking in the woods, warm perfumed breezes through green leafed trees, flowers abloom and coming to a bridge over a glittering stream, nature brings me such serenity.  Today's Wishful Wednesday is my summer dream, a perfect day's walk in the park.

Bernie Dexter is a modern pinup icon and she has used her knowledge of vintage fashion to design an amazing line of clothing!  While actual vintage garments are beautiful they can be very fragile, Bernie Dexter dresses were created to give you vintage style with the peace of mind that comes with a brand new garment, noone wants the tragedy of a ripped dress!! I adore the one of a kind eye catching prints, stylish, flattering cuts and wide range of sizes Bernie Dexter offers.  I chose her Veronique dress in Serenity Bridge print.  It is a whimsical summer day perfectly captured!!  It brings to mind a sunny, warm day wandering through a garden, green leaves flutter, dancing waters cascade under the serenity bridge and fragrant blossoms float in the breeze on this gorgeous creation.  A pictureque neckline, capped sleeves with pleated shoulder details, a white belt at the waist for emphasis and a full circle skirt complete the look.  Perfect for strolling in the park or picnicking with your love!

I'm smitten with Vivien of Holloway!  They offer everything to outfit you perfectly in vintage style from head to toe.  I chose their sky blue petticoat to continue the blue water on the skirt with ripples of blue ruffles. Vivien of Holloway petticoats are gorgeous, well made and very full. I love the way I feel swirling around in a beautiful dress with a ruffly petticoat underneath, ethereal and graceful.  The perfect vintage finishing touch, petticoats add femininity and charm to your outfit while also protecting your modesty.

I love the kitschy, fruity, plastic jewelry of the 50s era so I was thrilled when I found Luxulite.  Luxulite brings the style of the 50s lucite jewelry back without the price tag.   Their items are unique and handmade, because they are handmade, each is a one of a kind piece of wearable art.  I love this Buttermilk confetti and hot pink cherry lucite style brooch.  The bright pink cherries contrast with the leafy green bodice and accent the pink flowers dancing throughout the print of the skirt.  Absolute vintage perfection!!

Miss L Fire's line of designs evoke the Golden age of fashion, they are high quality, beautifully detailed, limited edition shoes that add the perfect vintage detail to any outfit.  They are unique without being crazy, lovely and practical.  I chose the Betty suede heels in green to complete this look.  The bold, bright green of the shoes match the green of the dress with accent there is a meandering stream of blue stitching on the toe that perfectly echoes the cascading waters of the skirt, these would add a pop of fun contrast under the waterfall of ruffly blue petticoat.

I hope you have been enjoying my blog as much as I enjoy writing it for you.  You can also follow Sassy Scarlet on Facebook and Instagram for a lot more fun content and pictures.  Later this evening I will be posting my review of Retroglam, the fabulous Canadian web store that offers all of your pinup needs, from coffee mugs to crinoline.  I was lucky enough to win a $100 gift card in a contest on their Facebook page and used it to purchase two Hell Bunny dresses I had been dying to get my hands on!!  I am also pleased to announce that very soon I will be collaborating with Put A Smile In It Photography!  We have been brainstorming together and have some absolutely epic photoshoots planned, I cannot wait to share!!!!!  Have a glorious day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment