Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Kiyonna Sunset Stroll Bellini Review

It's almost here.  Winter!  I love living in Michigan but I have to admit winter is my least favorite time of year, the snow and the bone chilling cold make it a trying time to live here.  The snow is late to arrive this year giving us a bit of reprieve, because by this time last year we had already gotten 29 inches of accumulation across the state. Winter in Michigan is beautiful but tough!


I will admit, I am not a pants wearing gal.  I have an extremely hard time finding jeans that fit my shape correctly because my waist is 39 inches, which measures a size 18 in most pants but my hip/butt measuring at 56 inches make me a size 22.  I  love how I feel in vintage style dresses, they fit my personality to a "T",  so that in combination with the fit issue, make it a rare occasion for me to wear jeans.  Living in Michigan however necessitates that I must wear pants at times, a dress in blizzard conditions is just not practical or safe!  This means I am always searching for pretty pieces to pair with items in my wardrobe so I can maximize the amount of outfit choices I have on those cold days when I wear jeans.



I love the Kiyonna Sunset Stroll Bellini in Cabernet.  A lightweight versatile cardigan perfect for every season.  Marsala was chosen as the Pantone Shade of the Year so this shade of Cabernet is trendy, a robust and earthy wine red.  




I am always chilly so I prefer to wear layers and this is the perfect layering piece.  The Kiyonna Sunset Stroll Bellini is very versatile, it looks lovely paired with a lace cami and jeans, over a long sleeve tee and jeggings or worn over a dress.  Made of super soft lightweight jersey knit with 3/4 sleeves that hit just below my
elbow, the bellini is a light but warm outer layer.  The drawstring waist is adjustable so you can wear the bellini open in front or tied shut, whichever is your preference.  I am wearing my Sunset Stroll Bellini tied shut which gives the neckline a lovely gathering that I find very flattering to the figure.


We snapped these photos while enjoying a nice relaxing day together.  My husband, Kevin and I went for a walk on this rather blustery, rainy day and ended our fun shopping in Lakeview at my favorite place, The Peddler's Patch.  The Peddler's Patch has something for everyone with Peasley's Posies Flower Shop, handmade items, Michigan made/themed items, jewelry, clothing, home decor and antiques, a perfect place to find gifts this holiday season!


I love my hometown of Lakeview with its pictureque Tamarack Lake view, lovely historic buildings and amazing small businesses. The beautiful brick and stone buildings downtown were constructed in 1894 after a fire destroyed most of the original business district.  My ancestors came here as pioneers in 1870 and helped build the town.  I find the town history fascinating and love showcasing our little town!


Photography: Kevin Herzog
Cardigan: Sunset Stroll Bellini in Cabernet Size 1X courtesy of Kiyonna
Necklace: Torch Lake Blue Locket by Smitten Design Studio
Camisole: Lace camisole from Maurices
Jeans: ANA Bootcut Jeans from J.C. Penney 
Boots: Twill Boots in Black courtesy of Bearpaw which were a limited release last year.  The Angelina, a similar style are available HERE


Kiyonna clothing really fits beautifully! I am wearing a size 1X, it feels comfortable and flattering on me with enough room for layering underneath.  Being petite, layering pieces can be too long on my frame but this bellini sits just at the top of my thighs, which is just right.  I found the Sunset Stroll Bellini to be comfortable, flattering and versatile.  I love Kiyonna and their commitment to bringing lovely high quality plus size clothing to us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment