Thursday, December 7, 2017

Beaded Beauty! My Review of the Gatsby Lady Scarlet Vintage Inspired Fringed Flapper Dress

Today, I have traveled back to the 1920's to review the Gatsby Lady Scarlet Vintage Inspired Fringed Flapper Dress in Black Silver.  This glorious frock is perfect for all your upcoming Holiday style needs.  Glitzy and glamorous, perfect for parties or perhaps playing the part of an intriguing guest at a murder mystery dinner; the Scarlet Dress is a sequined and beaded masterpiece that will make you want to dance the night away!


The Gatsby Lady Scarlet Dress includes a fully beaded overdress with a black underdress.  It is a masterpiece! Elegant beading swirls and sweeps around the dress hugging my curves and flattering my shape!  The beads in shades of silver, black, pale celery green and aqua decorate the dress in swirls, stripes, leaves and a bold rose accent in the center.  My favorite part of the Scarlet Dress design is how the pattern in the beading accentuates my figure, it is a cleverly designed to give shape to the figure and to camouflage trouble areas, drawing attention to the waist and hips with striped beading down the side that draws the eyes to curves.  The dress is heavy, as it is fully beaded but the weight is not noticeable once it is on.  I love how the beaded fringe shimmies, it really makes this dress a joy to wear.  The Scarlet Dress is petite friendly, at 5'2" the dress hits me a few inches below the knee.  The sleeves are sheer with leaf pattern beading and sequined cuffs, I love the extra arm coverage because Michigan winters are frigid and more coverage is always a plus.

Outfit Details:
Dress: Scarlet Vintage Inspired Fringed Flapper Dress in Black Silver C/O Gatsby Lady
Lipstick: Cherry Red from Besame Cosmetics
Makeup: Tarte Cosmetics
Shoes: Madden Girl-thrifted
Makeup and Hair Styling: Alyx Halsey


 I love the fit of this dress!  I am wearing the Scarlet Dress in a size UK24 /US20, it fits perfectly showcasing my curves without being clingy or uncomfortable at all.  The material has a bit of stretch, you do not want to stretch too far because of the beads but there is a decent amount of give so the dress is form fitting and comfortable. I was a bit hesitant to try the flapper style, when I think of the 20's I tend to think of the stereotypical waif thin flapper, so I was a bit scared as a curvy gal to try this 20's style, it is a huge step outside of the box but I am so glad I took a chance!  I cannot get over how fabulous this dress feels and looks, it fits my body perfectly highlighting my shape nicely and looking ever so elegant.  Gatsby Lady really know how to create dresses that flatter all body types!



I loved channeling the flapper style of the 1920's for this look.  I did some research into the time period,  a fascinating point in history where women escaped the rigid social structure of Edwardian times and really started thinking for themselves.  They began cutting their long hair and dressing in bold look-at-me styles because they were sick of being in the background.  "The Flapper awoke from her lethargy of sub-deb-ism, bobbed her hair, put on her choicest pair of earrings and a great deal of audacity and rouge and went into the battle. She flirted because it was fun to flirt and wore a one-piece bathing suit because she had a good figure, she covered her face with powder and paint because she didn’t need it and she refused to be bored chiefly because she wasn’t boring. She was conscious that the things she did were the things she had always wanted to do."   The flappers were responsible for many of the freedoms that we enjoy as women today!  Read more about Flappers- Here.

For these photos I really wanted to embody the look of the era.  My gal pal Alyx is a wizard at transforming modern women into vintage vixens so we worked together for retro perfection.  My hair is mid back length, we styled it into a faux bob, added dark smoky eyes, and bold dark red lips to a pale face so I look as though I just stepped out of a speak easy in the 1920's.  It is such fun to try on different eras fashions, it gives me a glimpse of history and the new, exciting role women were starting to play in changing society 100 years ago.  Gatsby Lady helps you to take a fun step back in time and look amazing while you do it!


Which Gatsby Lady dress is your favorite style?  Follow me on Instagram or Facebook for more photos and sassy fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment