Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Lindy Bop review!

I'm a fool for vintage!!  Vintage hats, jewelry, scarves, home decor, television,  movies, music, if its vintage I love it.  I've always wanted to wear vintage clothing but its difficult to find vintage clothing in larger sizes.  I'm not an easy lady to fit.  I'm very curvy, 42 inch bust, 37 inch waist and 53 inch hips, so finding a perfect fit is always a big battle for me. I began researching where to buy.

I started seeing ads on Facebook for vintage clothing companies.  I found Lindy Bop and I instantly loved their vast selection, and varied styles.  The Ophelia turquoise floral stuck me immediately.   Turquoise is one of my favorite colors and flatters me well,  easy choice.  Then they advertised the Carola halter dress in red floral and I knew I needed both.  I ordered from Lindy Bop using measurements, it was my first time ordering UK sizes so I was very nervous.  It was a little under $120 U.S. for both dresses including shipment and duty tax. My dresses arrived faster than I expected, about 10 days from the order date.

The Carola
Carola Red and White Floral
I ordered the Carola halter dress in red and white floral print in a size U.K. 20, U.S. 3xl.  I was impressed right away with the material, heavy weight, high quality, the print is vibrant and its a beautiful bright white.  This dress is also fully lined and has light padding in the bust for shape.  I love the fit, like a glove and a very large full circle skirt, the skirt is large enough I wore a 52 yard crinoline underneath for maximum effect.  The print is vibrant and fun and the contrasting red accents on the bust and halter ties give it fun details.  Its fun to wear and flattering.  I recieved nothing but compliments!!  Here is a shot of me from my Airport shoot with Era Exposures



The Ophelia
Ophelia Turquoise Floral
 I couldnt resist the turquoise,  although I love most of the prints in the Ophelia line.  For this dress I also ordered in a U.K. size 20, U.S. 3xl.  The material is amazing on these dresses.  Very high quality compared to other companies I've worn. The prints and color are very vibrant, the material is heavy with just the right bit of stretch to flatter and hug curves.  I love the hidden side pockets on the ophelia, its a great little convenience!  My ophelia was too large in the bust, the panels in the front add breathing room as far as fit.  The sides gaped and straps were baggy so I had to send it back for the next smaller size U.K. 18, U.S. 2xl.  The returns process was easy and effortless.  Turn around was fast and I had my dress back within 15 days.  And perfection!   It hugs all the right places and fits like a dream.   The skirt on the ophelia is not quite as large as the carola but you can still wear a large crinoline underneath.  These dresses can be worn without but I prefer the effect I get and I'm a born skirt swisher so I love how I feel in a dress with crinoline.

 I highly recommend Lindy Bop.  They have many beautiful designs to flatter any body type and cater to any style.  High quality materials, great construction, quality and cut.  Their customer service was great,  friendly with no hassle.  I also love that they generously giveaway dresses on their Facebook page nearly everyday.  I'm smitten!!  ♡♡
Lindy Bop Web
Lindy Bop Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment