Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Wishful Wednesday and Lucky Lous review

Happy Wednesday to you!!  This morning's wishful Wednesday post was inspired by Viva.  Everybody's been talking about it and I'm unable to go but I see that many of my friends, aquaintances and style muses are going.  I want all of my friends that are going look their best and if they ask for help I will offer it!   I think as women it's important that we try to support one another, to uplift each other, it's what sets us apart!!  My post this morning is inspired by the sweet Ceci Punch who was wondering about Viva outfit ideas on Facebook the other day.  I quickly realized her delightful Tiki skull earrings match the Hell Bunny Sasha dress perfectly.  Tiki party time!!

I love Ceci Punch designs!  She is a San Diego based company that designs unique vintage items with a modern edge and her items are 100% handcrafted.  I absolutely adore these Tiki skull earrings, they're my inspiration today.  The wooden hoops, turquoise flowers and adorable little bone skulls scream Tiki party and summer.  I love the contrast of feminine florals with skulls,its perfect!  Ceci designs awesome vintage style pieces and as a bonus her personality is sweet as pie, I cannot recommend her highly enough. 


Hell Bunny is my personal favorite at the moment.  I've worn many of their dresses for photoshoots and have two coming in the mail.  They are high quality, retro stylish and fit like a dream.  I  definitely want the Sasha dress.  Turquoise is my favorite color right now and the sugar skull print is trendy!  The skulls are playfully peeking out of florals and vines.  The cut is gorgeous with a sweetheart neckline, bolero style panels at the shoulders and perky capped sleeves, it frames perfectly and is finished off by a full circle skirt, lovely with or without a petticoat.  I love petticoats and I'm a creature of habit, once I like a brand I will wear them often.  I would pair this dress with the Malco Modes Jennifer petticoat in Red for contrast.  I cannot get over how lovely soft and full these pettis are!  Swish away!!!

I would carry on the cute Tiki theme by wearing Lucky Lous Rockin Tiki in red.  I was fortunate to win a pair in a collaborative Facebook giveaway by Rosabilly Retro and Lucky Lous Shoes.  I had never heard of Lucky Lous before this but their style immediately caught my eye.  I can't begin to describe how gorgeous these heels are, you really must see them to believe.  I was dumbstruck when I opened the box!!  The wood is beautifully grained, the tiki is hand carved, gorgeous and glossy, the leather bright and butter soft.  They fit like a dream and are perfectly balanced, I'm not the most graceful in heels but these are easy to walk in!  Michigan is just thawing so I'm still waiting to wear my Rockin Tikis out on the town.  Pinup photoshoots, Pinups for Patriots events and warm weather cannot come soon enough for me!!

Coming soon I'll have reviews for the wonderful vintage store Retroglam, the Hell Bunny Eloise and Black Dahlia dresses and the delightfully versatile Bearpaw Bonnie boots!  Wishing beautiful days to all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment