Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Wishful Wednesday!!

Happy hump day lovies!!  It's a beautiful bright and sunny day here in Michigan.  The snow is thawing, there's no minus sign in front of the temperature and spring is in the air.  I'm ready for blooming trees and the scent of blossoms all around.  My favorite spring blooms are the fragrant cherry blossoms, because Michigan is a huge cherry producer this weeks outfit is inspired by juicy, cheerful Michigan Cherries 🍒🍒

I've been admiring Heart of Haute, they have a lovely clothing line that is designed with vintage fashion culture in mind.  I love the cut of their dresses and the variety in their prints.  Their line has it all whimsy, sophistication, and perfect pinup styling.  I chose the gorgeous Beverly dress in aqua dot and cherry print.  I love the picturesque neckline with the bow detail and the contast of bright red cherries against aqua blue, it really makes the dress really pop!!  It has a full skirt so it can be worn with or without a petticoat which makes it great for many different occasions or just enjoying some fun in the sun.

I would pair the dress with this gorgeous red pettiflirt from Spunkerella whose petticoats are designed to resemble the 50s style petti combined with the flirty girliness of a tutu.  I love how full and flouncy it is with the ribbon detail and that they cater to all sizes.  Their petticoats are beautiful, they come in several styles and colors to match every outfit!  Perfect for my preferred pinup style!!

I adore Deer Arrow.  I love supporting small family owned companies because their items are carefully crafted, handmade and handpainted which makes them treasures to me!  I would wear the adorable Vintage Chevy brooch in red with this dress.  I cannot get over how perfect it is and it would provide a dash of fifties fun to this outfit!!

B.a.i.t. (But another innocent tale...) have the most amazing collection of vintage style footwear.  They bring back thecfeelong f yesteryear with a modern touch.  They have every type, color, style and heel size to accessorize any retro or modern fashion look.  I chose their Ida precious blue because it matches this dress to a tee and has that perfect vintage feel without being too tall for function.  Check out their line and fall in love!!

I love Vintage Box 1947.  I love her style, sass and eye for design.  Each of her creations are statement pieces, high quality, lovingly handmade and absolutely breathtaking!!  I would wear the Sophia open rose in Vanilla with this outfit because roses are my favorite flower and I love pairing big feminine flowers with fun fruity prints.  I cannot recommend VB1947 highly enough, she's  an absolute doll!!!

I'm having so much fun writing these blogs and sharing with you, please let me know what you think or if you have anything you would like to see in future blogs.  I will be reviewing the fabulous Lady Mayra Elsa dress tomorrow and Friday the Bearpaw Twill boot!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment