Saturday, March 7, 2015

Lady Vintage and Malco Modes review

Hello all!!  It's finally thawing out here, great news because I sure have missed being outside!  I'm looking forward to fresh breezes, green grass and crocuses in bloom, spring!!!!  This also means I'm dying to wear my dresses everyday again, this winter was not dress friendly!!! I love dresses, they're feminine, comfortable and I feel the most at home in them, so I am always needing new ones.  I have been researching so many great pinup or vintage style brands and started following their social media for style ideas but I could not believe the generosity, so many great giveaways!!  I have been very lucky to win several clothing giveaways and will be reviewing all of the items I have won.  I was blessed to win an Instagram contest from Lady Vintage.  They are a London based manufacturer of vintage style dresses.


I won the Eliza Swing dress in black floral.  It's such a gorgeous dress!  The fabric is high quality, the floral print is bright, feminine and lovely.  I got a size 16.  I would generally order a size 18, but I went by the measurements ordering, it still fits slightly tight, there is no stretch to the material, so be sure to measure carefully and I would recommend sizing up if you're unsure or in between sizes.  I love the shape of the dress.  The bodice is roomy which is great for larger busts and the straps are wide enough to hide your bra straps.  It nips in at the waist with a tie in back for extra waist slimming effect.  It has a full skirt, great size to pair with a big poofy petticoat!  I love the style of the dress and how gorgeous I feel when I'm in it.  Is it springtime yet, because this dress needs to be worn to a garden party!


I'm wearing my Malco Modes Jennifer petticoat with this dress.  I won this petti in a giveaway on one of my favorite style blogs Junebugs and Georgia Peaches, if you don't follow them already you're missing out on a universe of vintage style and personality!!  I was able to chose any petticoat from the Malco Modes collection.  I chose the Jennifer because it's a size that has lot of outfit versatility and what a fantastic color selection they have available.  It's soooo fun!!!  I adore how big it is 40 yards of nylon chiffon material and 120 yards of ruffles!  Adding a petticoat to my lovely retro dresses is putting the petals on my flower.  I chose yellow because I wanted contrast, it's bright and bold and I have several dresses to match it.  I got a size Large it fits great and the waist is adjustable which is perfect because I tend to go up and down weight wise, they're sizes are generous very plus friendly.  The petti has tons of swishing potential and is whisper soft, not at all itchy like some petticoats.  The price is also very affordable for such a full and ruffled petticoat so I think I need a Jennifer in every color!!  Thank you Junebugs and Georgia Peaches and Malco Modes!!


Next blog I will review the Lady Mayra Elsa dress I'm wearing in the picture above.  Have a beautiful day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment