Thursday, April 23, 2015

Vivien of Holloway Grace review and photoshoot fun with Put A Smile In It Photography!!

Blogging has been such an amazing journey.  I've been so blessed to meet amazing people from all over the world and have discovered so many beautiful vintage style brands that cater to all sizes, the retro loving community is at the forefront of the body positivity movement, embracing that people of all sizes should be able to wear fashionable clothing.  Style has no size!   I feel humbled and extremely flattered to be able to share this journey with you, to get to know new people, each new friend opens up a new universe of personality and possibility in your life.  I've struggled my entire life with self worth, believing for so long the lie that attaining a certain size instantly equaled beauty and peace.  Your worth is defined by so much more than your size, age, race, sexual preference, gender identity, personality or anything else that we are told we should change to make us suddenly desirable or accepted.  I've found peace after years of pain not through weight loss, diets, self help books or self critical words but through each and every person I've been blessed to meet.  By building one another up we not only bless others but we also heal ourselves, so I want to thank each and everyone of you for your kind words and all of your support!


  I'm so thrilled to have my first blog collaboration with the incomparable Vivien of Holloway.



  Vivien of Holloway has an amazing selection of vintage style clothing from high fashion dresses to trousers and crop tops, everything to outfit the fashionable vintage girl.  I'm smitten!!


I was sent the Grace dress with Silver lace bust to wear and review.  What a classy, sophisticated design!  Timeless styling and curve hugging lines.  I am wearing a UK size 22 and I found the measurements to be just as stated, it fits beautifully.  The wrap top flatters my bust without being too revealing, the dress nips in to accentuate at the waist and flares out into an enormous circle skirt but does not overwhelm my frame, some dresses can as a petite women.  I wore a 120 yard petticoat underneath for volume but the skirt drapes in lovely fashion even without a petticoat.  I would love to wear two petticoats under this dress to emphasize the gorgeous circle skirt plus it would be fun to play with bright colors under the monochromatic dress.  The cotton sateen material is heavy with just enough stretch to make the garment fit beautifully but comfortably.  The silver lace bodice is a lovely floral pattern that sets off the deep black perfectly.  I felt like a princess in this dress.  I cannot wait to wear it to my first Michigan Pinups for Patriots veterans gala event.  Grace is perfect for events where you need to look glamorous but also need to be comfortable and functional.  Perfect for the hostess of a black tie gala or a casual garden party, Grace comes in a large variety of colors and patterns making it the perfect dress, I want to own it in multiple colorways. 





 I had so much fun shooting with Put A Smile In It Photography in their fabulous vintage living room set. Dress: Grace in silver lace bust courtesy of Vivien of Holloway, Makeup and hair by Kara Summers.


I apologize for the lack of Wishful Wednesday blog yesterday and rest assured it will be back next week!  I was busy traveling and enjoying a fun retro styled shoot with Brandy at Put A Smile In It Photography, it was a phenomenal day!!  Located in Jackson, Michigan, Put A Smile In It is a labor of pinup love.  Owner Brandy Chase has a passion for vintage style, she has done pinup modeling in front of the camera as well, so she has a model's experience to go with her incredible photographic eye this makes for a perfect combo!  The studio includes vintage living room set, boudoir dressing room and paper background sets for a variety of fun images.  The sets are fantastic!  Period furniture, lamps and electronics compliment the lovely green walls, details such as curtains made from vintage material, kitschy knick knacks all arranged to showcase the beauty of the surroundings, flatter the model and virtually tranport you back in time.   The possibilities are endless with a wide selection of props, choosing your favorite swingin' 50s album, gossiping on the telephone, daydreaming while an episode of I Love Lucy plays on television or vacuuming with the cutest working 1953 Kirby vacuum cleaner.  I had fun playing with everything including a giant tiki head and hanging some laundry out to dry on the super adorable clothesline set.  A perfect escape for a work at home mom, I enjoyed a getaway day for my birthday shooting and laughing with Brandy, who is one of the sweetest people I've met.  Put A Smile In It Photography is extremely professional and affordable, I cannot recommend them highly enough.  I look forward to shooting with Brandy again in the near future at the Pinup Picnic shoot on May 3!! Put A Smile In It Photography is also on Facebook, like her page and follow to see their latest shoots and upcoming events!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment