Wednesday, June 24, 2015

A patriotically perfect Wishful Wednesday!

Summer is blissful!  I have been fully enjoying the warm summer days outside, grilling tasty food, taking long walks, stargazing and loving this break from our normally hectic family schedule.  I am looking forward to Fourth of July!  It is my favorite summer holiday, I love the patriotism, gathering together to celebrate our country, fun family traditions, fireworks and revolutionary history.  July 3 is also our wedding anniversary, so it gives us even more reason to be thankful, this year we will be 17 years together, what an incredible journey!

This week my Wishful Wednesday is celebrating Fourth of July, our American Independence Day. These are my top choices for perfectly patriotic pinup style.

1. Lady Mayra ELSA American Flag Dress
This dress absolutely screams Independence Day!!  I love the Lady Mayra Elsa dress, I have one I won in a Facebook competition and it is a lovely vintage style that fits like a glove, a beautiful hourglass silhouette with full circle skirt : My review of the Elsa dress.  The Elsa dress is available in a wide variety of colorways, but this American flag version is absolutely stunning, the blood red bust contrasts beautifully with petite white stars on bold blue and the fabulously full red and white striped skirt ripples in waves of glorious color calling to mind the words of The Star Spangled Banner, filling me with pride.


2.Pinup Girl Clothing Amanda Dress in Red, White and Royal Blue

I have been following Amelia and June at Junebugs and Georgia Peaches for a couple of years now.  I love reading their adventures, they each have a unique perspective on everyday vintage style and bubbly, irresistible personalities, I have found so much inspiration reading their blog.  The upcoming Pinup Girl Clothing collection inspired by these gals is filled with so many must have pieces but my personal favorite is the Amanda dress with its eye catching stripes of red, white and royal blue.  It is a beautiful modest style that accentuates femininity without being revealing, completely practical for everyday wear, I absolutely must own this piece when it arrives for wearing at Pinups for Patriots events.  Perfectly Patriotic and stunning!

 
3. Glitter Paradise Shark Bomb Brooch
I love my Glitter Paradise Shark Bomb Brooch, it is a fun accessory for any vintage look.  A high quality, detailed and handmade the bomb brooch is decorated with shark nose art, a popular WWII era motif.  Nose art was originally used for identifying friendly units but the practice evolved into a way to express the individuality that was often constrained by the uniformity of the military, it evoked memories of home and peacetime life.  The Shark Bomb is the perfect piece to finish your patriotic pinup outfit!  I wore my Glitter Paradise Shark Bomb Brooch to the D-Day plus 71 Celebration with Pinups for Patriots and everyone loved it!

Photo: Alyx Wiltse
Dress: Hell Bunny
Brooch: Glitter Paradise
Crinoline: Malco Modes
 



4. Unique Vintage Navy, White and Red Color Block Audrey Purse 

Unique Vintage has a spectacular selection of pinup clothing and accessories.  A variety of red, white and blue styles are available in dresses, high waist bikinis, purses and accessories.  Unique Vintage is a one stop for impeccable head to toe retro styling.  A great bag is essential to any outfit and this color block Audrey purse is trendy, practical and patriotic.


5.Spunkerella Pettiflirt Two Tone: Navy/White

The Spunkerella Petticoats are one of the most gloriously ruffly and voluminous brands I have seen.  I love that they offer not only solid color, but two tone and rainbow colored varieties for many different looks.  This Navy/White combination matches the patriotic theme of each dress I have chose, the right petticoat or crinoline is the ultimate finishing touch, giving you a fun, flirty swirl of color and emphasizing vintage shape. 

What are your plans for Fourth of July?  What will you be wearing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment