Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Tuesday Treasures-Vintage Hats

I have always had a love of vintage fashion.  My Grandmother had many antique items and the golden age movies we watched further inspired me.  Hats have been worn by ladies all throughout history.  As a covering to warm the head, protect the hairstyle or as a colorful accessory.  Vintage etiquette articles suggest that it would be a disgraceful act for a Lady to venture out of the house without a hat or even gloves.  I began collecting vintage hats several years ago with a hat I found at a yard sale for fifty cents and it's been an obsession ever since.  I'm always on the look out for hats and fascinators to top my outfits off in perfect ladylike fashion.  Here are a few of my favorites

My first hat.  Black with satin ribbon, velvet ribbon and bead medallions.  Yard sale.


Felt hat with large satin bows.  Thrift store.



Black bow back ring with net and rhinestones.  Purchased at an antique store.
Photo by Sadie Haglund Photography



Brown velvet trimmed with vintage pearls, beads and net.  Estate sale.



Green velvet 'leaves' with net overlay.  Antique store.
  


Cream linen hat with flower bouquet accent and net.  Estate sale.



Blue and white velvet ribbon and flower fascinator.  Goodwill.



White woven hat with velvet ribbon trim and berry bunches.  Antique store.



Feather fascinator.  Estate sale.


 I hope you have enjoyed seeing a few of my favorite vintage hats.  Next week Antique jewelry, what to look for and where!  For more fun follow me on Instagram and Facebook too!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment