Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Wishful Wednesday- Beach Babe edition!

Good day!!  The sun is shining, its hot, humid and summer is in full swing!  Michigan is a beautiful state for summer fun.  The Great Lakes coast is ripe with opportunity, lakeside towns full of shopping, gourmet food and adventure.  Lake Michigan is home to some of the most beautiful beaches, bordered by sand dunes and woods, I can lose myself walking on the beach, soaking up the sun, the peaceful sound of the waves. In Michigan you are never more than 6 miles from a body of water so swimming is a daily part of summertime life.  This week's Wishful Wednesday is vintage perfection for beach babe beauty!


I've been self conscious my entire life.  I've always been bigger and I carry a lot weight in my thighs.  I have cellulite and that for years caused me to believe I should always wear swim skirts, cover ups, shorts or avoid swimsuits altogether.  I've finally come to a place where I realize all bodies are beach bodies!  Enjoying summer is not a size exclusive thing.  I posed in my swimsuit without a cover up, thighs exposed, noone died, noone was cruel and I felt fabulous!  

Swimsuit by Torrid
Photo by Era Exposures


Here are my top swim suit choices for plus pinup style beach beauty and a few must have accessories for protecting yourself from the harsh summer sun.


Pinup Girl Clothing Pinup Couture Marilyn suit in Green
The Marilyn - a gorgeous, gathered, skirted thing of beauty that evokes old Hollywood glamour is designed to hold you in and push you up, for an extremely sexy beach silhouette. The suit is fully lined with power mesh to define your curves, the bust has padded cups that help support and the gathered design hides any imperfections. Two removable rhinestone brooches attach to the straps adding a glamorous finishing touch, the straps are adjustable and sizes XL-4X are also fitted with wider straps for better support.  A beautiful classic suit to flatter any shape, Pinup Girl Clothing always does vintage right!


Unique Vintage Casablanca Halter Top and High Waisted Bottoms in Polka Dots and Red Bows
With its blue and white polka dot print and cute red bows, this swim top has the perfect all-American retro look paired with the matching high-waisted bikini bottoms. I love this style for its undeniably classic retro look!


Torrid Peekaboo One Piece in Leopard
Sexy and stylish this leopard one-piece gives a flattering shape and fit. Front ruching slims and controls while convertible wide straps give support and versatility. I love my Torrid Peekaboo suit, it is flattering and sexy!!  Meow!!


Red Dolly Swimwear Retro Pin-Up Bikini in Black and White Stripe
I love this twist on the classic Barbie suit.  An adorable retro styled high waist bikini with a gathered bust halter top.  Pair this suit with cute Cherry Red Lolita Love Retro Heart Sunglasses and a high ponytail for a Barbie at the beach look sure to get attention!


Mod Cloth Wade A Minute Swimdress in Flamingos
Very cute and versatile, this one piece swimdress features underwire padded bust with bonig at the sides, a tiered swim skirt and removable straps.  I would love to pair this fun flamingo print with these stylish Bearpaw Calla Wedges in Black and a wide brimmed hat like this Black and White Striped Woven Sun Hat with Bow for a casual beach babe look.

Whatever your beach style may be, remember to enjoy yourself because you are worth it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment