Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Wishful Wednesday - Lindy Bop love and Lana dress review

Beautiful summertime!  Gardening, hiking, carnivals, fairs, bonfires, beach breezes, grilling, ice cream treats and family fun.  I've been wholeheartedly enjoying every second of my summer!  Projects inside like reorganizong my wardrobe and my environmental writing for work keep me hopping, then there's my blog obsession.  I'm a busy body but I crave adventure and life sure brings it! I've been busy lining up the most exciting blog collaborations. I'm thrilled to announce upcoming features from Erstwilder, Banned Clothing, Rosita Bonita and more.  Fun photoshoots coming too!  Do not miss out, follow me on Instagram and Facebook for more updates!!!
I was humbled and surprised to be included, pictured in my Lindy Bop Lana dress, among some of my biggest plus size inspirations and peers in this Daily Mail UK article about the use of the hashtag #Curvee, the Body Positive community's response to the Instagram ban of the use of #curvy.  I cannot be silent.  I suffered for too many years with self loathing, I refuse to let other women feel that shame, the anguish of that feeling.  I will not be silent when I know better.  I'm overweight but I am NOT a stereotype and neither are most other plus gals.  I workout, I eat healthful foods and I am a clean freak.  I am healthy, happy, active and alive, I will NOT allow discrimination to keep me from living a full and rewarding life!!!!! 


I'm in love with Lindy Bop.  I own three of their dresses myself and I am thrilled with the quality, attention to vintage styling, fit and beautiful fabrics they offer.  I recently purchased the Lana dress in teal floral.  A vibrant teal print with bright pink, purple and periwinkle floral with green leaves, the fabric is high quality cotton with just enough stretch for comfort and fit.  Scooped bodice with a low back, it nips in at the waist and is accented with a cute teal fabric belt that buttons in the back.  The belt is the only issue I have with the dress, it was just a tad too snug.  I can wear it but it feel as if it may break, although I wore it to church without incident I will be altering the belt so it fits comfortably.  Sizing it up a slight bit will help this issue, thankfully this dress is just as cute without the belt.  The shape is figure flattering, the full skirt bells out beautifully and holds its shape nicely.  You can try adding a petticoat to enhance the retro silhouette but is not necessary with this dress, the skirt bells out nicely on it's own.  My verdict, I love the Lana!  It fits beautifully, made with quality and comes in a fun variety of prints from dots to floral so you can find the Lana that best expresses your unique style.  It is my favorite Lindy Bop yet, wearable for everyday and it makes me look as though I just stepped out of a time machine from the 1950s!

Dress: Lindy Bop Lana
Hair flower: Daisy Jean Floral Designs 


Because they consistantly keep coming out with new gorgeous styles this week's Wishful Wednesday is all Lindy Bop lovin'.  My top five choices from Lindy Bop, what I'm dying to wear and why it catches my greedy little, fashion-obsessed cat eyes.



I'm always trying to add new prints to my closet.  I'm a floral girl and I seem to get in a rut of buying florals only if I'm not careful.  I love the Claudine dress.  The bright plaid catches my eye, I adore the cute cheery colors!  The shirt dress style is eminently wearable and flattering to most body types.  This is a quintessential 1950s housewife dress!

I have been looking to add more separates to my wardrobe.  I love the casual elegance of a circle skirt with top.  Easy for everyday wear yet classy and lovely.  I would pair the Paloma top, a lovely red faux wrap top with embroidered sparrow shoulder detail, with the lovely red and white floral Peggy skirt.  Add a ruffly petticoat, cute accessories and you're out the door in style without a ton of effort.

This tropical print Grace dress caught my eye immediately.  I love the blue color combining with the lush tropical floral.  A sweetheart neckline, capped sleeves and full circle skirt with bow accent give the perfect mid-century style.  Add flower crown of orchids for perfect summer festival style.

I've been looking for the perfect polka dot dress and the Deirdre halter neck dress might just be it!  This dress with it's adorable wing bust, halter neck and full circle skirt would be a great addition to any wardrobe.  Add bright colored fun accessories for a gorgeous night out on the town!

The Audrey style is iconic.  Modest, feminine and flattering, Lindy Bop offers the Audrey in a huge variety of colors and prints.  I love this Audrey in floral stripe.  Navy blue with light blue striping and bands of colorful floral, this dress is timeless, a sophisticated style that would be great at the office or on the deck of a boat sailing into the sunset.  Do you own any Lindy Bop dresses?  What is your favorite Lindy Bop design?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment