Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Wishful Wednesday!

Good day to everyone!  I apologize for my long absence from blogging but I've been super busy with my job, planning photo shoots, working on blog collaborations and spending time with my family enjoying the unseasonably warm weather here in Michigan.

  I have many exciting collaborations coming with Ains and Elke StyleHaus, Blueberry Hill Fashions, Summer Blue Jewelry, Heidi and Gretel, Fluff, Erstwilder and The Moby Duck, as well as reviews of new dresses from Igigi, Pinup Girl Clothing, Clarence and Alabama and Carolina Dress Room!  I'm so excited for the next few months and I'm always working on more!!  I've shot gorgeous photos with Renee Ricket Photography and this weekend is our big Halloween shoot at the beautiful, historic Forest Home Cemetery in Greenville, Michigan.  Forest Home is fascinating, a tribute built by a grieving father after the death of    Next week, I will be shooting with Jessica from Horvath Photography at Anderson and Girl's Orchard, my favorite local spot for outdoor fun and to get the MOST delicious cider and apple donuts!!

Last weekend, I enjoyed my favorite yearly treat, a trip to the Michigan Renaissance Festival with family and friends.  I love all historical eras and the beautiful and varied costuming of the renaissance era appeals to my love of dressing up!



  I purchased my gorgeous chemise, satin skirt and real dried leaf head dress at the festival, where they have dozens of amazing shops peddling everything from my favorite incense to didgeridoos.  My halter top, buckle front underbust leather corset is from Hips and Curves, this exact style is unfortunately discontinued but they have several similar leather styles available.  My Scarlet moccasins from Bearpaw were the perfect walking shoe for a long day watching live music, peeking fabulous sideshows and enjoying a huge variety of tasty food from the festival rite of passage, the turkey drumstick to delectable gyros and soup in a bread bowl.  Live jousting is hair raising entertainment performed several times daily.  The grounds are gloriously landscaped and there are multitudes of amazingly unique personalities in minutely detailed period costumes along with fairies, elves and many of your favorite fantasy characters from films, making the fest a delight for all your senses!!  The Michigan Renaissance Festival is a place of fantasy and fun, a fantastical leap backward in time!


This week's Wishful Wednesday was inspired by this fabulous Buzzfeed video:



First of all, I love how it shows that pinup is empowering for anyone!  Alfie Jean says that pinup is a gentleman, it holds the door open for any lady and she's correct, a pinup shoot will boost your confidence, plus it's a ton of fun!!  There are different styles of pinup and many gifted photographers, I encourage you to find your personal inspiration and go for it!!!

Second, this absolutely breathtaking Elizabeth dress in English Rose from Retrospec'd was featured.  I'm smitten and I had to put together my dream outfit!!  This gorgeous cotton dress features all over rose print, wrap top and a gorgeous full skirt.  Perfect for many different occasions and pretty as the roses upon it!  Underneath, I must wear a glorious ruffled petticoat and the Malco Modes Jennifer in Ruby Red available from Pinup Girl Clothing is a match made in heaven!


I would pair this with the Pinup Girl Clothing Gothic Lace Bolero in Dark Green.  This bolero is the perfect thing to wear when you want coverage but not too much warmth yet the derp green color makes me long to wear it for fancy Christmas parties.  Decadently dreamy with its all-lace body trimmed in ruffled lace at the neckline and cuffs. The high neckline and dark green stretch velvet trim add yet more glamour.

I'm proud to be collaborating with The Moby Duck.  Their beautiful selection of handmade resin creations have something to compliment every look.  Their quirky, cute accessories add flair to vintage or contemporary styles.  I would wear the Floral Bangle in Red and the Dark Red & Emerald Green Floral Bouquet Resin Brooch to compliment and enhance the roses on the dress.

I love Irregular Choice and their crazy, unique designs.  Their selections features styles from the elegant to the absurd but all are highly fashionable!  I would wear the drop dead hot Sher Bert heels in Red.  I love the sophisticated look of the buckle toe, scalloped edge and polka dot detail, giving us that little lattice look garden detail to our flowery ensemble. 

Check out my Facebook or Instagram for more fun, photos and sassiness!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment