Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Wishful Wednesday-Autumn Wishes!

It may be hot outside but it's September and my heart is already in the mood for fall!  My inspiration for this week's Wishful Wednesday is Autumn in Michigan.  Intoxicating colors, cool temperatures, pumpkins, cider and falling leaves!



I love Vivien of Holloway.  I've had the privilege to collaborate with them in the past.  Their line of high quality vintage reproduction clothing always provides the perfect retro styles for any occasion.  As a beautiful autumn colored beginning, I chose the 1950s Tangerine Halter Neck Dress.  Gorgeous bright tangerine colored cotten sateen dress with a classic halter neckline, a boned bodice that neatly nips the waist and a full circle skirt give us the perfect vintage silhouette. 


I just discovered the absolutely amazing Summer Blue Jewelry on Instagram and I'm smitten!! Summer Blue Jewlry specializes in one of a kind pieces that are handmade using vintage elements, as well as new findings, and some custom molds. Since all of the pieces are hand-made they will vary slightly from piece to piece.

Summer Blue carries such an incredible selection of vintage style Lucite accessories.  I love that there are styles available to fit any outfit, season or holiday.  I'm Autumn obsessed so I chose the Great Pumpkin Waltz Brooch, Acorn in the Meadow Earrings and Acorn in the Meadow Necklace.  The Great Pumpkin Waltz brooch is a gorgeous green sparkle Lucite accented by bright orange pumpkins and leaves dangling from a black chain, perfect for fall, Halloween or harvest outfits.   This brooch contrasts but matches our dress and will add whimsy to our look. The Acorn in the Meadow Earrings are sparkly confetti Lucite drop style dangling acorns with pretty sparkly button top.  These lovely earrings coordinate perfectly with the brooch and the Acorn in the Meadow Necklace, confetti Lucite acorns, brass and marbled Lucite beaded acorns, citrine yellow ferns, and vintage Moonglow Lucite Oak leaves dangling from a complimentary plastic chain.  These accessories scream fall in the forest, I cannot help but long to wear such lovely objects!!


 To finish off this look I chose the luxuriant Lila Velvet Heels from Miss L Fire's absolutely fabulous upcoming Autumn/Winter 2015 line.  I am a huge fan of velvet, I love the way it embraces my skin in its soft warmth.  These hot velvet heels feature a double bow detailed peep toe, ankle strap and 4 inch high heels.  They are the ultimate shoe for many different Autumn looks and I chose them for their neutral, earthy style.



I hope you have enjoyed my musings as much as I enjoy sharing!  Don't forget to follow me on Instagram and also on Facebook,  where I  currently hosting a giveaway!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment