Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Lovely in Lace: Kiyonna Ravishing Wrap Lace Dress Review

Good day my lovelies!!  I'm so thrilled!!  Today marks my 1 year Blog-i-versary!!  I never imagined how many amazing things would happen when I started my blog last year and I cannot thank everyone who have helped me in this journey enough.  All of the companies who have given me a chance, all of the amazing photographers, makeup artists and hairstylists I've worked with; and my fantastic, supportive readers.  Thank you all, from the bottom of my heart, you are all truly such a special part of my life and I could never do this without you!!  I cannot wait to keep going into the future, there are infinite adventures awaiting!!!  I have tons more great reviews, new photos and another great giveaway coming very soon.  Stay tuned to Instagram or Facebook for more Sassy Scarlet news!  

I'm so pleased to announce that I have been accepted to be a part of the Kiyonna Blogger Brigade.  I have admired Kiyonna for many years for their lovely high quality, beautifully designed plus garments that are made in the USA.  I've owned a few Kiyonna dresses over the years and they were always among my favorites in my wardrobe for their lovely attention to detail.  Choosing was the hardest part as Kiyonna has so many gorgeous dresses available but the new Ravishing Wrap Lace Dress stood out and quickly topped my list because I fell completely in love with the metallic lace detail.  I also enjoy wrap dresses because they can adjust to get the perfect fit for my figure.


What I am wearing:
Dress: Kiyonna Ravishing Wrap Lace Dress in Rich Garnet, $136.00, I am wearing size 1.  
Makeup and Hair: Alyx Wiltse 


The Ravishing Wrap Lace Dress is a gorgeous full wrap dress made of a soft ponte knit.  Ponte knits are versatile and slightly warmer than woven fabrics, so they are perfect fabric for the fall and winter months.  The dress is available in  Rich Garnet and Glistening Jade, which are both trendy at the moment but also classic.  I love the contrast of the smooth ponte knit with the metallic lace sleeve and detailing, lace adds femininity and a hint of glamour.


 The fit is lovely, measurements were spot on and the dress hugs me just right.  I felt lovely as we enjoyed a day visiting my favorite orchard, the dress drew many compliments and I had a few gals had to ask where it was from.  I adore the Rich Garnet color, it is lovely against the skin and trendy for the cooler months.  



I had fun accessorizing my Kiyonna Ravishing Lace Wrap Dress with fun fall touches.  I chose the Rose Gold Oak Leaves and Acorns Brooch because the color stood out on the Rich Garnet but echoes the metallic on the sleeves, a bright, golden autumn bloom in my hair, golden leaf dangle earrings and brown vintage heels finish the look.  This dress will be my basis for tons of cute outfits.  I've styled it vintage in my photos but it would be just as adorable with a cute fall scarf and a pair of tall leather boots; or with a contrasting blazer, tights and fuzzy boots in winter.  I think wrap dresses pair perfectly with cute boots!


  
I love the length on the sleeve, which hit me at the elbow, this covers my upper arms for warmth, yet elongates.  The lace pattern is gorgeous, floral scallop and stripe detail with a golden metallic shine, which shows a hint of skin but is patterned enough to camouflage your bra straps.  The lace also decorates the bust of the dress and the tie belt.  The sheer lace sleeve, bust detailing and contour around the sides of the bust lend shape and a lovely feminine touch.  The dress hits me just below the knee, a great length for my height, at 5'3", longer dresses can be a bit overwhelming on my frame.  I am extremely pleased with the quality, construction and fit, Kiyonna knows how to create stylish garments that really flatter the plus figure.  Style has no size! 

Picking pumpkins at Anderson & Girls Orchard in Stanton, Michigan.

The Ravishing Lace Wrap Dress is comfortable, flattering and indeed ravishing.  Great for casual or dressy occasions, the Ravishing Lace Wrap Dress is a gorgeous addition to any wardrobe!!  Tell me what you think!  Which color Ravishing Wrap Lace Dress is your fave?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment