Saturday, July 9, 2016

Marvelous Melon-Kiyonna Twirling in Tulle Skirt Review

It's the weekend again!!  I am finally slowing down from a busy week of work and catching up with life after our little vacation.  I have been missing Mackinac Island terribly since our trip last week.  It is such a refreshing change of pace from the hustle and bustle of life on the mainland.  I am already planning to get another trip planned, hoping to return in the fall so we can see the glories of autumn touch the island!

Today I am reviewing the Kiyonna Twirling in Tulle Skirt in Melon Marvel.  I have been dying to jump on the tulle skirt bandwagon for ages.  I've been seeing these glorious cotton candy tutu and tulle skirts all over the internet but I am generally a dress wearing gal.  I have been really trying to break out of some of my wardrobe habits, try some new styles and break my own mold.  It has been a rewarding experience, taking chances and trying new things so I decided I must give the tulle skirt a try.


  I love this skirt!  It is light and airy, like a sugary, candy confection.  Perfect for a day spent exploring Mackinac Island, this skirt made me feel like graceful and lovely like a ballerina.  The skirt is light and airy, pretty and so comfortable.  I wore it wandering all over the island on a hot summer day, it kept me looking great and feeling cool.  I lost track of the amount of people who stopped me to compliment my outfit, it was incredible to me to have so many complete strangers feel the need to stop what they were doing and say "I absolutely love your outfit!".  I wear what I love but I really know that I have found a special outfit when I have people tell me they love it and ask where I have shopped.  I looked and felt like a million dollars that day!
Outfit Details:
Skirt: Twirling in Tulle in Melon Marvel size 2X by Kiyonna
Top: Tulip Top in White size 14 by Blueberry Hill Fashions (review coming Monday!)
Necklace: Loren Hope Sunset Statement Necklace via Rocksbox
Earrings: Sophie Harper Double Bar Drop Earrings via Rocksbox 
Shoes: Athena Sandal in White by Bearpaw
Location: The Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island, Michigan

The fit on the Twirling in Tulle Skirt is fabulous. I have an extreme hourglass shape,my waist is 38-39 and hips measure in at 59 so that 20 inch difference can make it very difficult to find bottoms that fit well.  The 1x waist measurement was perfect but I was worried about it fitting over my behind so I decided to get the skirt in a size 2x to be sure that it would fit both my waist and hip\bottom area.  The waist has tons of stretch and the fit is perfect for me.

Wandering the labyrinth at The Grand Hotel


 The waist is stretchy and wide with gathered tulle.  The skirt is two layers of glorious fluffy tulle and is lined with a soft and stretchy poly/spandex blend.  Fun for casual wear with a printed t-shirt and fun jewelry or beautiful dressed up with a blouse and pretty accessories, the Twirling in Tulle skirt is sure to become a piece you'll want to wear again and again!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment