Thursday, August 11, 2016

Summer love! Kiyonna Luring Lace Dress Review

Summertime is so much fun!  It gives me such joy being out in nature, traveling and wearing pretty dresses that aren't practical in the winter.  I have been seeing sexy strap styles all over the internet and since I have been challenging myself to get out of my fashion comfort zone I had to get in on the strappy summer action with the stunning Kiyonna Luring Lace Dress in Ruby.

Dress: Luring Lace Dress in Ruby size 1X courtesy of Kiyonna
Earrings: Kelsi Ear Jacket by Gorjana via Rocksbox
Necklace: Rayne Necklace in Ivory Pearl by Kendra Scott via Rocksbox
Ring: Hexagon Pave Ring in Moonstone by Olivia and Grace via Rocksbox
Lipstick: Red Velvet by Besame Cosmetics
Shoes: Vintage Sprigged Floral Print Wedges
The Kiyonna Luring Lace Dress is a trendy twist on the classic summer sundress.   A gorgeous off-shoulder dress with floral lace sleeves, fitted bodice, adjustable straps and flared knee length skirt.  The Luring Lace Dress is fully lined which provides modesty and structure to the garment but it is still lightweight and flows beautifully.  

The Luring Lace Dress is easily my favorite style from Kiyonna, I felt positively luscious in this dress, it strikes the perfect balance between sweet and sexy!  I rarely get into modern trends but I felt this style has a bit of vintage glamour to it as well.  I am a sucker for off-shoulder styles, I find them to be a lovely way to show a little skin while still being modest.  When I thought I couldn't love the dress more, we get to the best part, the straps.  The Luring Lace Dress has adjustable straps that can be worn can be worn in a couple different fashions to cater to your personal style.  I love the look of a v-neckline with the straps crossed in back:

Dress: Luring Lace Dress in Ruby size 1X courtesy of Kiyonna
Earrings: Jenny Bird Flagstaff Earrings in Gold/Lapis via Rocksbox
Necklace: Gorjana Vivienne Necklace via Rocksbox
Bracelet: Nakamol Pearl and Multicolored Bracelet via Rocksbox
Lipstick: Red Velvet by Besame Cosmetics
Hair: Alyx Wiltse using Beauty and Pinups Fierce Firm Hold Finishing Spray
Shoes: Vintage Sprigged Floral Print Wedges

But you can also wear them in this lovely keyhole style with the straps crossed in the front, as shown on the Kiyonna Website:
Photo: Kiyonna


The Luring Lace Dress is very flattering, hugging my curves and flaring out into a graceful knee length skirt.  I am wearing a size 1X, fit is perfect and the length hits my 5'3" frame at just below the knee.  The dress fits and flares so I suggest choosing the best fit for your bust/waist as the bottom of the garment is more free sized, I can wear a 14/16 top but need a 22/24 bottom and the fit of the 1X which is a 14/16 is form fitting and flattering on me.




The knee length is a step outside the box for me.  I have always had a love/hate relationship when it comes to showing my legs but this dress looks so amazing, I'm pretty sure no one would notice my legs anyway!  The Ruby color is dramatic and lovely, I rarely wear jewel tones in the summertime but I am trying to break out of those style ruts and this shade really pops with the green summer foliage.  I wore my dress for a romantic stroll in the garden while out on date night with my husband, accessorizing it with sparkly gold and pearl jewelry from Rocksbox.   Absolutely perfect to wear for any summer activity, comfortable and fashionable, I could go on forever about how much I love this dress!  Kiyonna has the hottest styles and sizes tailored to fit real plus size bodies beautifully, this is why they are my favorite plus size retailer!
This dress strikes the perfect balance between sweet and sexy!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love how you've styled your hair in pin curls. I had to try this dress for myself after seeing you model it, and I'll be sharing my review on Friday. You're exactly right that this dress is the perfect blend of sweet and sexy. Thanks for inspiring me to give it a go because I'll be wearing it as a bridesmaid dress in my cousin's wedding later this fall!

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This hairstyle was so glorious, I'm lucky to have an old friend who can do amazing things with my hair!! I can't wait to see you in this dress too, it's such a gorgeous style, very flattering and just gives such a glam feeling! I'm honored to have inspired you!! :-*

      Delete

Leave a comment