Saturday, November 26, 2016

Striking stripes! My review of the Dolly & Dotty Anna Striped Swing Dress

Good day to everyone!  I sincerely hope that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!  I spent the day with my family and enjoyed lots of tasty food.  Thanksgiving is somewhat bittersweet for me as it generally marks the official beginning of winter here in Michigan, but it also ushers in my favorite holiday, Christmas!  The Christmas season is full of sparkling lights, magical memories and every year I anticipate the special feeling of the season.  I can't wait to deck my house out with all of the vintage Christmas decor that I have collected, each piece brings back feelings of nostalgia and so much joy!

Today, I am reviewing the Anna Striped Swing Dress in Black/Blue by Dolly & Dotty.  The Anna Striped Swing Dress Dress is a lovely scoop neck dress with a flared pleated and striped skirt available in a variety of color combinations.  The dress is made of a soft cotton elastane blend material that provides a nice amount of stretch and comfort.  I am wearing size UK 20 which is a US 18, fit is perfect, the stretch of the material allows the dress to fit my curves and flatter my figure.   The Anna Striped Swing Dress is the perfect shape to give the illusion of the ideal vintage hourglass silhouette.

Outfit Details:
Dress: Anna Striped Swing Dress in Black/Blue, Size UK 20 courtesy of Dolly & Dotty
Earrings: Pearl Drop Earrings by Ceci Punch Designs
Lipstick: Red Velvet by Besame Cosmetics
Hair Flower: Handmade
Shoes: Black Vintage Style Heels by Madden Girl - Thrifted
Photography by Tedd Gorman

 I love the striped detailing on this fabulous skirt!  It's a striking, dramatic style that really draws the eye.  I enjoy wearing it with simple accessories as in these photos or I envision dolling it up during the upcoming winter season with a vintage fur cape and sparkling snowflake jewelry.


 I love the Anna Striped Swing Dress as well because it has a modest neckline, so many pinup styles have plunging necklines that are not appropriate for certain occasions, it is nice to have choices such as this dress that look pretty while covering a bit more skin.  I have a tendency to chose lower necklines because I have often felt that the higher necklines are unflattering on my figure but the fit of the Anna dress has swayed me to try other styles with this type of higher neckline.  I love Dolly & Dotty because they have such a diverse selection of dresses, prints and designs, it gives you the chance to find a style that is perfectly you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment