Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Enchanting Elise! My Review of the Kiyonna Elise Flutter Dress

Affiliate Disclaimer: This blog contains links that when clicked on and purchased from may result in a small commission for this site.

I apologize for my lack of regular blogging.  I have been busy with so many things which makes it hard to stop running and sit at the computer to get a blog done.  I am quite the busybody during the summer months!  

Most importantly in my life my Mother, Roxanne was diagnosed with Breast Cancer early this year and we as a family have been helping her with whatever she requires as she battles the disease.  She underwent a bilateral mastectomy and ovary removal in March and began chemotherapy two weeks ago.  We lost my Grandfather to Cancer when I was 16 years old after several years illness so this is a terrifying and emotional journey not only for Mom but for my Sister, Stepfather and myself.  I would appreciate prayers, good vibes and whatever positivity you are able to send during this hard time.  

Our hometown, Lakeview celebrated our sesquicentennial (150th birthday) this past week and as I volunteer with our local museum, I have been involved with planning and working at some of the events during our festival.  I researched and led a guided historical tour of our local cemetery highlighting the pioneers of Lakeview, including my 5th Great Uncle, Lewis Bissell, who came to the town as it's first merchant in 1873.  I feel privileged to be active in my community, our family has been a part of Lakeview for 9 generations now.  I truly love our little town, it is a beautiful place with a rich fascinating history!

If you would like to see more from me, be sure to follow me on Instagram- @sassyscarletpinup My feed has fashion, food and lots of fun!!



Today, I am reviewing the lovely Elise Flutter Dress by Kiyonna.  I love off the shoulder styles, I cannot get enough of the romantic nature of this style so I knew that I would love Elise.  This dress is summer embodied, whimsical, fun and flirtatious.  The Elise Flutter Dress is feminine and flattering featuring a mock neck with metallic lace detail, fitted bodice, flutter sleeves that can be worn on or off shoulder and a flowing skirt.  Red has fast become my favorite color, I love the drama of the shade especially in the summer against the brilliant greens of nature.  This rich red garnet shade made me feel like a rose as I was walking in the garden.
Outfit Details:
Dress: Elise Flutter Dress in Rich Garnet Size 1X courtesy of Kiyonna
Flower Crown: Red Velvet Flower Crown from Claire's
Earrings: Bad Girl Hoops in 24K Gold from Vixen by Micheline Pitt
Lipstick: Red Velvet by Besame Cosmetics
Shoes: Black Vintage Style Heels by Madden Girl-Thrifted

 The Elise Flutter Dress is made of a stretchy poly spandex material that breathes nicely making it a comfortable dress for summer occasions.  I am wearing a size 1X here, the dress flatters me perfectly fitting tightly at the bodice and flaring out into a generous and flowing skirt.  The neck line is comfortable and the lace is pretty drawing attention to the bodice but also providing modest coverage.  The neck fits nicely without being tight and it does not gap or look awkward as some necklines like this can on a shorter frame.  Length is just past the knee, the flouncy skirt swings in such a fun way.  The sleeves can be worn on or off the shoulder, I prefer them worn off shoulder, they are fluttery and generous giving nice upper arm coverage.  Flutter is an apt name because the sleeves do flutter about my upper arms like a butterfly.

Flutter is a very apt description for this dress!!


I enjoyed a fun hometown date day with my husband wearing my Elise Flutter Dress.  I wore simple accessories that made the dress star of the show.  A lovely rose flower crown matched the garnet of my dress exactly, golden vintage style hoops to reflect the golden metallic lace accent at the neck and simple black heels complete my outfit.  We had coffee and lunch at our local coffee shop, browsed the antique/variety store then strolled though the local library's zen garden just soaking in the summer sun and enjoying each others company.  I later shed my shoes because who does not love running barefoot through warm, soft grass!?  This dress is one of my favorite frocks because I love soft whimsical dresses with romantic details.  The Kiyonna Elise Flutter Dress is a winner, worn casually or dressed up, it is perfect for all your summer fun!



1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment