Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Wrapped in ruffles, my review of the Kiyonna Winnie Wrap Dress

Affiliate Disclaimer: This blog contains links that when clicked on and purchased from may result in a small commission for this site.


It has been a glorious summer!  I have been spending as much time possible adventuring around Michigan, attending events representing Pinups for Patriots with my Michigan platoon sisters and enjoying the outdoors.  I have been lucky to spend quality time at Lake Michigan with my best friends and have had some great date nights with my husband.  It has been lovely and even though it is July, I feel like summer is just really starting to pick up and it will only get better from here!

I am reviewing the Kiyonna Winnie Wrap Dress in Navy/Blush Print.  This dress is a romantic dream. A floral wrap dress with yards of flouncy ruffles, tie waist and the cutest cold shoulder detailing on the sleeves.  Winnie is comfortable and flowing but elegant with a very 1940's vibe.


Dress: Winnie Wrap Dress in Navy/Blush Print in size 2X by Kiyonna
Earrings: Pearl Drop Earrings by Ceci Punch Designs
Shoes: Athena Wedges in Cream/Silver by Bearpaw
Purse: Vintage Beaded and Sequined Satin Handbag circa 1950's
Bracelet: Vintage Bead Chain Cuff with Engraved Clasp circa 1920's
Lipstick: American Beauty by Besame Cosmetics
Makeup: Tarte

The Kiyonna Winnie Wrap Dress is made of a soft Poly/Spandex blend material that has lots of stretch and breaths nicely making it a great summer frock.  I am wearing a size 2X here, I chose to size up because I am always nervous of wrap styles on my very generous bottom so I went a size up from my normal Kiyonna size just to be safe. The dress fits great with a bit of extra material to make me feel safer in a wrap style but it is generously sized with great stretch in the material so I could have gone down to a 1X comfortably but this 2X fits me beautifully and I feel secure having a bit of wiggle room so I won't accidentally expose myself due to a gust of wind.  Winnie is a great length, hitting me just below the knee and the ruffled bottom gives this dress so much fun, swinging movement.


  The ruffles are the star of this dress for me, they line the edges of the bodice, wrap and bottom and create a dress that is poetry in motion.  It moves, sways, waves and flows, it is incredibly fun to wear and makes me want to walk around just to feel it moving around me!  Winnie features a pretty floral print with blush accenting creamy blossoms on a lovely navy blue background.  This dress is beautiful for wearing on a long summer day out and about in nature!


 Winnie wraps around the bust, cinches in with a tie waist and flares out in a flouncy ruffled bottom really accenting my curvy figure.  The sleeves make this dress stand out, they are trendy cold shoulder style that can be tied to adjust the opening to suit your taste.  When I was a little girl, I remember wearing shorts, tank top and normal summer clothing without thought but by the time I was a teen I was so ashamed of my body and insecure, I used to wear long pants and sleeved t-shirts in the summertime no matter how terribly uncomfortable I was to cover up.  The younger me believed that since I was overweight I had to wear as much clothing as possible like camouflage but I have grown so much since then and now I believe that no matter your size, if the sun's out, it's time to get your guns out so I wore my sleeves tied at the elbow slightly to show a lot of arm.  I love my body so I do not harm it by wearing uncomfortable, hot clothes in the summertime anymore.  I am also thankful for companies like Kiyonna that design gorgeous plus size clothing that fits and flatters me so I can express the person I am with my style!



The Kiyonna Winnie Wrap Dress is vintage romance drenched in flirty ruffles with details that keep me reaching for it again and again, a summer favorite!!  For more fun be sure to follow me on Instagram!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment