Monday, September 25, 2017

Outrageous Oranges! My Review of the Lindy Bop Saskia Polka Dot and Orange Print Swing Dress

 Today, I am reviewing the delightful Lindy Bop Saskia Polka Dot and Orange Print Swing Dress 

 Lindy Bop is one of my favorite vintage style clothing designers.  They have such a fabulous selection of retro styled dresses, tops, skirts, accessories and even shoes that they have quickly become one of the leaders in the vintage fashion movement.  I love the huge variety of styles and prints available, something to fit every personality.   Lindy Bop also has some of the most competitive prices available for quality vintage style garments, there is definitely something to please everyone at Lindy Bop.

Outfit Details:
Dress: Saskia Polka Dot and Orange Print Swing Dress in Size US18/UK20 C/O Lindy Bop
Hair Piece: Orange Blossom Fascinator by Lila Jo
Petticoat: Dancing Days 26 inch Petticoat in White by Banned
Earrings: Green Glitter Rectangles by Put on the Ritz
Makeup: Tarte
Lipstick: American Beauty by Besame Cosmetics
Glasses: Zenni Optical
The Lindy Bop Saskia Polka Dot and Orange Print Swing Dress is a lovely vintage styled dress with a fitted bodice, full skirt and deliciously juicy orange border print.  I love the contrast of the black polka dots and bright, bold orange print.  The polka dot background is draped with bunches of delectable, juicy oranges that look good enough to eat and lovely frilly white orange blossoms for a dress that is both classy and whimsical.  



I am wearing the Saskia Polka Dot and Orange Print Swing Dress in size US 18.  The Saskia dress is sized well, the measurements are spot on but the elasticated panel in the back gives a huge amount of stretch to the bodice.  The size 18 is my usual Lindy Bop size but in this instance I could have easily sized down for a better fit because the elastic back has a ton of give and the material has a decent amount of stretch to it as well.  The soft matte finish stretch poly blend fabric feels lovely on my skin and makes the dress as comfortable as it is cute.  The only drawback is the lack of adjustable straps, as a petite gal, adjustable straps on dresses and tops save me from the expense of having to have a seamstress adjust them to get the correct fit.  The straps were quite a bit too long for my torso so I had to have them fixed to get the fit just right before I could wear the dress, however this dress is so cute that it was worth it and I find that the straps being too long is a common problem I run into at my height.  The Skirt has a lovely fullness that looks pretty on it's own but is large enough to accommodate a petticoat for extra flair.



The bodice is adorable, I love the orange accent of the straps, on the cute split collar and along the border of the dress.  The polka dot print is very interesting and eye catching with its alternating pattern of solid and scribbled dots on a black background.  The oranges are the clear star of this dress.  The print is so lifelike, I can almost smell the fresh floral scent of the orange blossoms intermingling with the tart citrus from the oranges.  I love wearing fun food prints, we all love food and these bold prints make an outfit really stand out.  I received a ton of compliments on this glorious dress, almost everyone commented that it made them crave oranges!  The Saskia Polka Dot and Orange Print Swing Dress was a hit with everyone that made me look and feel sweet as well.  I have many Lindy Bop dresses in my closet because they give me exactly what I am looking for, amazing style, high quality and a reasonable price that allows me to afford a dress to perfectly fit my every mood!  Thanks Lindy Bop!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment