Thursday, September 14, 2017

Smoldering Separates, My review of the Kiyonna Kelsey Flounce Top and Mermaid Maxi Skirt

Affiliate Disclaimer: This blog contains links that when clicked on and purchased from may result in a small commission for this site.


Today, I am reviewing fabulous and versatile separates from Kiyonna, The Kelsey Flounce Top and The Mermaid Maxi Skirt.  This outfit is completely different for me, it got me outside my comfort zone wearing a fitted skirt and showing off my shape.  I have a tendency to hide my curves under my fluffy petticoats in my everyday outfits so I wanted to challenge myself to wear something that changed my normal routine.  I feel that it brings a different side of myself out, fashion really has a great affect on my self confidence and it allows me to show my personality in a fun and noticeable way.

I love to add pieces to my wardrobe that have many versatile styling possibilities, these black basics from Kiyonna are wardrobe staples that while being a basic necessity in your closet are anything but basic looking!


The Kelsey Flounce Top is a fun, flirty top with almost unlimited styling potential.  Kelsey looks great with anything, a fitted skirt, vintage style swing skirts, jeans or leggings; Kelsey is the perfect basic black top for all your needs.  The Kelsey Flounce top features a bold ruffled bodice with elbow length sleeves that can be worn on the shoulder, off shoulder or as a cold shoulder top with a slit at the waist that can be tied for accent and fit.  This pretty blouse can be worn casual or dressed up depending on what accessories you chose to add.  Kelsey is a comfortable yet sexy top that fits perfectly and is made of a whisper soft rayon spandex blend.  I am wearing a size 1X, fit is just right, hugging my curves and with enough stretch to make it super comfortable.  The Kelsey Flounce Top is a gorgeous top that goes with anything and the ruffled bodice give it a fun and flirty movement that makes it feel like poetry in motion.


The Mermaid Maxi Skirt is a sexy, comfortable, curve enhancing dream!  Some maxi skirts are flowing and shapeless but this Mermaid Maxi Skirt has all the sexiness of a pencil skirt with the added modesty and comfort of a maxi.  I love the way this skirt hugs my shape.  I have an extremely curvy hourglass shaped figure and this skirt shows off my curves in a whole new way highlighting the beauty of my shape and giving me a huge confidence boost.  The ruching on the tummy of the skirt hides any tummy troubles you may have, the braided side tie adds a pretty eye catching accent and the flared trumpet shaped bottom gives a fabulous motion to the skirt.  I felt gorgeous and womanly wearing The Mermaid Maxi Skirt and that is rare for me when I am wearing an outfit that is fitted.  I tend to wear vintage silhouettes because they accent my bust and waist while camouflaging my large hips and bottom but this skirt made me decide that I definitely need to get outside my comfort zone and have more fun with my fashion, no more hiding my shape all the time!!  I am wearing a size 2x, fit is just right, comfortable at the waist with great stretch for ease of movement and amazingly just the right length on me at 5'2" so this is a petite frame friendly maxi which is a rarity.  This Mermaid Maxi Skirt is a great wardrobe staple, a basic black beauty with a sexy, wiggly shape that can be paired with anything to create a fast and fabulous combo.


 I love how confident and beautiful I felt in my Kiyonna Kelsey Flounce Top and Mermaid Maxi Skirt.  This outfit was super fun to wear and really boosted my self confidence.  I added fun details to my basic black by wearing leopard print heels, gold hoops and carrying the cutest vintage faux fur leopard purse.  This pairing could be accessorized in a million fun different ways to suit your personal style.  Kiyonna consistently design the very best in plus size clothing to help me look glorious, feel confident and express my inner personality which is exactly what I want out of my wardrobe!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment