Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Plum Perfect! My review of the Kiyonna Helena Ruched Skirt in Plum

Affiliate Disclaimer: This blog contains links that when clicked on and purchased from may result in a small commission for this site.



 Hi there everyone!  Today,  I am reviewing the Helena Ruched Skirt from Kiyonna.  This soft and comfortable pencil skirt is sure to become a staple piece in your wardrobe.  The Helena Ruched Skirt is a versatile midi length skirt made of ultra soft and stretchy microfiber jersey for perfect fit and featuring figure flattering ruching.  This skirt is definitely unexpected for me.  I tend to shy away from form fitting bottoms, but every woman's wardrobe must have a pencil skirt so when Kiyonna added the Helena Ruched Skirt in this pretty plum shade, I had to try it!

Outfit Details:
Top: Kelsey Flounce Top in Black Noir c/o Kiyonna
Skirt: Helena Ruched Skirt in Plum c/o Kiyonna
Clutch: Coffin Clutch from Sweet Midnight
Makeup: Tarte Cosmetics
Lipstick: Red Velvet from Besame Cosmetics


The Helena Ruched Skirt is absolutely figure flattering!  The ruching hides my belly outline creating a smooth silhouette and showing off my curves perfectly.  I felt comfortable and the Helena Skirt is so flattering that I was not self conscious even though this outfit was a huge step outside my normal style.  I am wearing the Kiyonna Helena Ruched Skirt in a size 3x, I sized up in this skirt because although my waist fits in the size chart for a 1x, I am much larger in the hip and butt area.  Fit is a little large in the waist but perfect in the hip/bottom area, the ruching is adjustable for a perfectly flattering look.  This skirt is a midi length, this hits me a few inches below the knee and the design of this skirt makes it stay in place so I am not constantly having to tug it down as I have had to do with other pencil styles I have tried.  Helena is the first pencil skirt I have truly felt comfortable in!



 This Kiyonna outfit is retro inspired but more of a step into the modern day, it was fun to get out of my routine and I felt fabulous!  I was inspired by fall and the coming Halloween holiday.  Dark colors are another change for me, I tend to wear brights but I felt these subdued tones were very flattering. I love the pairing of the Kelsey Flounce Top with the Helena Ruched Skirt, it is smoldering.  I added simple silver jewelry, a matching purple flower to add a pinup vibe and a cute glittery Coffin Clutch for a touch of spooky style that fits the season perfectly.  I am loving the Helena Ruched Skirt, comfortable, flattering and versatile, this pretty pencil skirt is sure to become one of your favorite Kiyonna pieces!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment