Monday, March 18, 2019

Mid Century Mod! My review of the Karina Dresses Maria Dress in Poolside signature print

Affiliate Disclaimer: This blog contains links that when clicked on and purchased from may result in a small commission for this site.




Hey Everyone!!  Today, I am super excited to share with you Karina Dresses Mid Century Modern Collection, I am featuring the Maria Dress in the Karina signature print, Poolside.  I was over the moon when they announced that their next collection would be Mid Century Modern because that happens to be my favorite style of design! The term Mid Century Modern covers fashion, architecture and home design from roughly 1933 through 1965.  I have always had a love affair with all things from the mid century era, from WWII style fashion, 50's bubbly poodle skirts to the swinging 60s, that aesthetic of clean lines and geometric shapes that was designed to give an edgy, updated and futuristic look to the more traditional modern styles of the time.  Karina Dresses are perfect for mid century modern dressing as they feature classic cuts and fabric prints that work great for retro style but are also incredibly modern, timeless fashion, dresses that will never go out of style.

Outfit Details:
Dress: Maria Dress in Poolside Print, Size XXL C/O Karina Dresses
Sunglasses: Love is in the Air Sunglasses from Collectif Clothing C/O Top Vintage Retro Boutique
Regular Glasses: Cat Eye Frame #665918 in Red from Zenni Optical
Purse: Vintage Inspired Purse in Red C/O Lola Von Rose
Earrings: Black Teardop Hoop Earrings from Insomniac Creations
Makeup: Tarte Cosmetics
Lipstick: Victory Red from Besame Cosmetics
Let's talk about how bright and happy this new Karina signature print is!  I love Poolside, it features a bold pool blue backdrop with dainty white flowers with black stems.  This color screams blue skies, sunny climates and days spent pool side.  The Maria Dress is perfect for those days when you want to feel completely casual but look dressed up.  Featuring a scoop neck bodice, no waistband and pockets, the Maria has a casual and relaxed fit with a long flowing skirt.  Maria is of course made of the amazing, maintenance free microfiber material that makes Karina Dresses a miracle for those of us who just do not have the time, or talents in my case, to iron a dress but still want to look pressed and put together.


 I am wearing the Maria Dress in my usual Karina size, XXL.  Fit is fabulous, this dress shows off my curves without clinging and feels like I am wearing almost nothing because the material is so light and airy.  I love this length, Maria comes about mid calf on me which is a great length for those days when you need a little more coverage.  It was a sunny but very breezy day and I did not have to worry about any accidental wind related indecent exposure incidents because this dress has a lovely, long skirt.  Pockets!!!!  Do I even need to say more?  I adore that Karina Dresses thoughtfully added pockets to this style, it is so nice to have a place to put your keys and phone instead of carting around a purse when you are on a date.  I vote that more companies need to follow Karina's example, we want pockets in our dresses!  This dress is just pure love, comfortable, stylish and pretty.




It has been a crazy couple of months here in Michigan for us weather wise and that has completely cramped my style and given me an almost impossible hurdle to jump as far as blogging.  Ice, snow, sub zero temperatures, power outages and MORE ICE had us stuck inside at home for the majority of February and the weather has just subsided as we have come into the first weeks of March.  Spring cannot come soon enough.  Kevin and I took advantage of  rare 60 degree temps and used this beautiful springlike day to get out and have a much needed date day. In nearby Howard City,  I absolutely fell in love with this historic building that is soon to become a restaurant, it made the perfect backdrop to show off my Karina Dresses Maria Dress.  As soon as I saw this dress, I knew that I wanted to add a pop of bright contrasting red to it, I adore the red, white and blue color combination so I added these whimsical retro styled heart shaped sunglasses and bright red vintage inspired bag.  The red shines with this shade of blue and these accessories are mid century modern perfection!  Go check out Karina's Mid Century Modern Collection and let me know which style and signature print are YOUR favorite!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment