Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Wishful Wednesday and Daisy Jean floral review

I'm in a bright sunny mood!  It's lovely outside today although a bit chilly.  I'm enchanted with Michigan, watching the world around me coming alive each year after winter gives me hope.   Everything around us is dressed in shades of green and there are colorful flowers in bloom wafting their glorious perfume about.  I had an exciting weekend, Sunday was our first Pinups for Patriots Michigan photoshoot.  We had 11 girls from our group gathered in Grand Rapids taking group and individual photos with several lovely vintage cars.  The talented Paige Gabert shot us in both digital and film, I cannot wait to see the final results!  Here's a sneak peek!



This week's Wishful Wednesday outfit is inspired by the blossoming beauty all around me.  I love the designs I keep seeing from Retrolicious, the vintage inspired collection of classy and fun dresses by Folter. Their colorful and quirky designs include retro and rockabilly style dresses.  The Retro Floral dress is an all over rose print dolly dress with a contrasting peter pan style collar, an adorable bow waistband and a full pleated skirt.  I love the bright orange, green, red, yellow and white floral print, it's summer perfect and the solid red contrast accents add bold and feminine detailing.  I enjoy the flirty swinging 60s feel of this dress!

Punky Pins is a unique online shopping experience with all jewellery and clothing designs produced and handmade in their UK based design studios.  They offer fresh, fun, cutting edge designs.  Their Flower Garden Necklace and Earrings made of layered acrylic are funky garden flowers that coordinate perfectly with this frock.  Punky Pins has a delightfully different collection of accessories sure to draw attention and add interest to a variety of wardrobe styles. 

Modcloth offers an amazing selection of vintage wardrobe pieces.  I've featured them here in the past but I find myself addicted to so many of their products!  The Freshly cut-out flower wedges in crimson are the fabulous footwear I want with this look.  Crimson accents at the collar, waist and feet will flatter and draw the eye giving a put together appearance.  These peep toe wedges have floral cut outs and appliques would pair beautifully with many outfits.

I have featured the lovely Daisy Jean Floral Designs here before and recently I was lucky enough to win my own Daisy Jean piece in Rosie Dynamite Pin-up's Facebook contest.  I love my Delightfully Dainty double pink ranunculus piece.  Daisy Jean uses high quality realistic flowers and leaves glued securely on a felt backing with a sturdy clip.  The flowers lay just right and the design is great because the leaves camouflage  the clip so no matter which way you wear it the clip does not show to ruin your look.  The Daisy Jean pieces are pinup model made and designed, they will definitely stand up to everyday wear.   I wore my Daisy Jean piece in my Pinup Picnic shoot with Put A Smile In It Photography and its so delightfully beautiful and fits so nicely, I wear it as often as possible! 



To top off this floral fantasy I would wear this Daisy Jean Delightfully Dainty double ranunculus yellow and orange.  It's the perfect contrast to the crimson and echoes the orange and yellow  shades in the dress.  The Delightfully Dainty floral collection is just the right size for everyday wear, they're not overly large and sit flush to your head.  The ranunculus is such a lovely flower, one of my favorites, how I wish they grew here in Michigan!

I have some exciting things coming in the mail and I'm collaborating on a guest blog soon that has me super excited!!!!  Keep up with me here, on Facebook or Instagram.  Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment