Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Wishful Wednesday

Good day loves!  I've been hard at work writing, brainstorming and planning my summer.  Family activities, Pinups for Patriots events, photoshoots, singing and writing for the blog and work keep me hopping but I rather enjoy chaos to boredom.  I'm excited to have a ton of interesting ideas and have a lot in store!  I recieved my very first Pinup Girl Clothing order, the beautiful Ella dress in Mary Blair lips and roses print.  I have new photoshoots, Brand reviews and am very thrilled to be working on a blog collaboration with the amazing Pinup Persuasion featuring my favorite plus size pinup fashions!  I cannot believe how fast this year is moving and I'm sincerely humbled at the awesome opportunities I've had and those that are coming my way!  The future holds unlimited possibility!

This week my Wishful Wednesday is inspired by the beautiful summer weather, bright clean white clouds, garden beds of fragrant rose blossoms and twirling green vines full of life.  Delightful, whimsical, sweet,  Ahhhhh summertime!

BBW Couture is a UK based company offering a broad selection of plus size fashion at affordable prices.  They are a family run business who take pride in providing the latest trends that help you create stylish, unique looks.  I'm in love with their exclusive vintage dress collection, featuring a large selection of perfect vintage silhouettes in a variety of lovely patterns.  The Rose Vine 1950s party dress is the perfect summer frock.  Made of 100% cotton in a beautiful print for summer, the Rose Vine is lovely bright red blossoms with touches of black, pink and coral colors, accented by leaves and green vines on a crisp white background.  A V-neckline flatters the decolletage and the waist tie belt creates a vintage hourglass shape.  The dress is versatile and could be worn for entertaining or a casual day at the beach, it will keep you feeling gorgeous and pinup perfected!

I like to pick up on accent colors in prints when I put together an outfit.  Often I enjoy finding accessories that draw the eye to those colors and create interest.  Ruby Shoo offers contemporary, quirky, definitely fun designs, with a hint of vintage.  Based in north London, England, with a passion for creating unique shoes and accessories that generate smiles whenever they are worn.  Samantha Lines, Ruby Shoo's talented designer, introduces both archive and modern fabrics into every collection, often adding gorgeous embellishments.  The fabulous Ruby Shoo Eva, are a fresh and edgy low cut court heel.  A vintage inspired jacquard trimmed with classic cotton drill finished by contrasting flower trim detail and piping.  I love the contrast of a bold black shoe with the bright white of our dress and the shoes will bring attention to the accent colors black and coral in the rose print.  Ruby Shoo also has envelope style clutch purses available to match many of their shoe styles.

Rosita Bonita has printed leather jewellery, lovingly handcrafted in their East London studio. Original illustrations are screen-printed or foil-embossed onto fine leathers, then carefully assembled into unique and collectable treasures. Their design inspiration comes from glamorous fantasies of past times, faraway lands, encompassing icons of folklore, myth and legend.  These beautiful pieces are what dreams are made of!  The Toledo Hoops in Ox Blood are large leather hoops, foil-embossed with delicate designs of birds and flowers, hanging from embellished shields and gold plated ball studs. These classic vintage style hoops are the perfect addition to this outfit matching our red roses and adding delightful whimsy with their spanish garden inspired print.  I am a fool for detailed and interesting hoop earrings so I can see them instantly becoming one of my most worn pairs.

I recently discovered Lila-Jo on Instagram when I saw a fellow pinup wearing one of her gorgeous designs.  Lila-Jo offers a handmade collection of Pinup and Rockabilly accessories, specializing in floral hair clips and rockin handbags, all handmade pieces paying specific attention to detail and durability.  I love wearing hair flowers to finish off nearly every outfit.  I would wear the White shimmer and the Burgundy and black Rockabilly rose hair clips.  Both colors match our dress, the double hairflower adds fun and flair with a retro touch while highlighting the rose theme.  I am smitten with many of Lila-Jo's designs and I cannot wait to make my first order!!

I hope you enjoyed this week's Wishful Wednesday, I love fashion so I'm constantly on the lookout for new, exciting items and brands to feature!  Follow me on Facebook and Instagram, tons of exciting things coming in the future!!   Which of the BBW Couture UK Vintage collection dresses is your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment