Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Katrina Parker Frocks Whoopie Pie in the Sky Review!!

September is here and summer is nearly coming to a close.  It's been a beautiful season full of adventures!  I've done fun shoots, tried new things, met amazing new people and enjoyed every second!


I love cooking, so when I saw that Alfie Jean's Pinup Charm School and Put A Smile In It Photography were teaming up for a kitchen disaster themed shoot, I had to be there!  Alfie Jean's Pinup Charm School is a comprehensive pinup class that teaches the history of pinup, makeup, hair and posing.  Alfie Jean is an infinitely gorgeous old soul, who obviously loves sharing her retro knowledge and empowering other women.  I cannot speak enough praise or recommend either Alfie Jean's Pinup Charm School or Brandy at Put A Smile In It Photography, highly enough.  They are beautiful, talented ladies who know their craft and truly exude a love for others that makes working with them as comfortable as spending time with an old friend.




Fortuitous timing introduced me at the same time to the fabulous Katrina Parker Frocks, who offer a lovely selection of hand crafted vintage styled plus dresses in sizes 0x-4x and whimsical accessories.  Katrina Parker Frocks philosophy is that clothing should be fun.  The idea that plus girls should have a love or hate relationship with food is absurd and Katrina Parker Frocks turns it on its head with their delicious novelty prints.  I contacted Katrina Parker Frocks because I fell in love with their philosophy and fanciful food based novelty prints, they were kind enough to sponsor my dress for this shoot.

  I chose the Whoopie Pie in the Sky Dress and it is absolute joy!!  Chocolate-y whoopie pies decorated with bright colored sprinkles and chocolate chips dance over a bright pink background.  This dress fits as delightful as it looks.  I'm wearing a size 2x and it fits just right.  The dress is made of super soft 100 percent cotton and fully lined, but be aware there is no stretch, so be sure to measure carefully and order according to your measurements. 





The bodice is fitted onto an adorable pleated full skirt that bells out in a graceful manner.  I love the vintage style and shape, the dress is flattering to women of many different shapes.  A wonderful surprise but welcome addition to this dress are pockets cleverly hidden in the folds of the skirt, perfect for tucking away your cell phone or money when you cannot carry a bag. 




I look delectable in this dress and love the cheerful brightness I feel when I wear it.  It was a hit with the other pinup gals at my photoshoot and I have recieved multiple compliments wearing it in my day to day life as well.  I love my Katrina Parker Frocks Whoopie Pie in the Sky Dress and I cannot wait to see what they come up with next!!




I am excited to be able to offer my readers an exclusive discount for 20% off purchases at Katrina Parker Frocks until September 30, 2015.



Katrina Parker Frocks has been very generous and I am also hosting a giveaway!  One lucky lady will win a gift certificate for half off your purchase from Katrina Parker Frocks!!  This giveaway will run for One Week on my Sassy Scarlet Facebook page, beginning today September 1, 2015 and ending at 7 PM EST on Tuesday, September 8, 2015.  The winner will be chosen at random on Wednesday, September 9 and posted on Facebook by 1 PM EST!  Good luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment