Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Pumpkin EVERYTHING!!!! Ains & Elke StyleHaus Aurora Dress and Summer Blue Jewelry Review

Fall is my favorite season. Michigan is the most lovely state in fall and I am thrilled each year with the show nature puts on.  I love the cooler temperatures, brilliant colors, apple cider and PUMPKINS!  Pumpkin pie, pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin donuts, pumpkin decor, there literally is pumpkin everything!  We live in the country so pumpkin patches and pumpkins for sale at farms along the road side are also a common sight.  I love the pumpkin, they come in a fantastic variety of shapes and colors, yet each pumpkin is beautiful and interesting in its own unique way, just like all of us!

  I have been eyeing the beautiful designs created by Ains & Elke StyleHaus for some time now, they are makers of one of a kind, handmade vintage style items.  Alixis Lupien is the wizard behind Ains & Elke StyleHaus, her motto is, "Recreating the past, one stitch at a time".  My favorite of their designs is the Aurora Dress. The Aurora is an Ains & Elke StyleHaus original design, inspired by dresses from the 1950's.


 I love the classic line of this dress, it is a universally flattering style.  A fitted bodice with contrast color flayed bust detail, scooped back and gathered full skirt, there are so many things to love about this whimsical style.  I contacted Ains & Elke StyleHaus and they were kind enough to send me their lovely Aurora dress.  I had my choice of a huge selection of materials but with fall here, I HAD to have this gorgeous sunny pumpkin print.


 I love that I live on a lake, the bright colors reflecting off the water gave me the perfect setting to showcase the fall beauty of my home, wearing this lovely ensemble which is an autumn dream come true!   My photos were taken by Horvath Photo at Townline Lake in Lakeview, Michigan.  I am proud to shoot photos in my hometown, I am truly blessed to live in such a naturally spectacular area!

  
I love the fit of this custom dress.  It hugs me like a glove and flares out nicely, highlighting the parts of my body that I love! I took advantage of the lines of this dress by corseting for full curvy effect.  I am wearing an Orchard Corset CS-411 in Beige, Size 36, I will be posting my review of my corsets from Orchard Corset next week, but I can tell you right now that I absolutely adore them!! 

 The construction is amazing, the dress is perfectly finished and very high quality.  I can see the love and attention to detail that has gone into the design and creation of this one of a kind dress.  The dress is fun to wear, it is fitted perfectly, flattering on my petite, curvy frame.  The skirt is full and fun to sweep about in but even better, it features hidden pockets for keeping lipstick, your cell phone or other small items handy.  I adore my Aurora Dress!!  I accessorized with jewelry by Summer Blue Jewelry, bright yellow heels and a vintage turkey feather fascinator.  Thank you Ains & Elke StyleHaus!! 

Sometimes, dreams do come true!  When I chose the lovely pumpkin material for my dress, I had specific ideas about what I wanted to accessorize it with.  I wanted fun accessories that would compliment the beauty of the dress but add autumn pizzazz.  I had written a past Wishful Wednesday blog on an autumn theme and included the gorgeous handmade resin accessories from Summer Blue Jewelry, so her bright, eclectic variety of designs were the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the perfect outfit in my mind.  

Summer Blue Jewelry creates sparkly, vintage inspired jewelry that is affordable, fun to wear and made to match to any outfit, just like our Grandmother's would have worn. Their one of a kind pieces are handmade using vintage elements, new findings and custom made molds as well. Since all of their pieces are hand-made they will vary slightly from piece to piece.   I contacted Summer Blue Jewelry and she was kind enough to send me the Acorn in the Meadow Necklace and The Great Pumpkin Waltz brooch with matching earrings to complete my dream ensemble!! 


 The Acorn in the Meadow Necklace is the perfect finishing touch to any autumn, fall or harvest themed outfit. Necklace is Lucite leaves, acorns, and moonglow Lucite oak leaves dangling from a complimentary plastic chain.  I have worn my Acorn in the Meadow necklace with vintage and modern styled fall ensembles and it has received many compliments, as well as the fact that my Mom likes it so much, she has stated her intention to steal it from me (HAHAHA, never!) 

The Great Pumpkin Waltz Brooch is a big Bakelite / fakelite style pumpkin brooch. Poured from a custom mold, created by Summer Blue Jewelry, with a hand painted stem, big vintage moonglow Lucite leaf and curly vines popping from the stem. Brooch is about 2.25 inches across in the center of the pumpkin. This Brooch is magnificent.  I love the bright, glittery orange with the brilliance of the moonglow Lucite and the cute springy accents.  It is perfect for any fall, autumn, Thanksgiving,or Halloween outfit!  I have pinned my Great Pumpkin Brooch on dresses, pinned to my coat and, I even wore it in my hair attached to a bobby pin, it is such a bold and fun fall statement piece!   Summer Blue has a piece to match even season, holiday, mood and outfit.  Thank You Summer Blue Jewelry!!


I felt like a fall pumpkin fairy in my Ains & Elke Aurora Dress and Summer Blue Jewelry ensemble.  I cannot wait to wear this outfit when I am enjoying the Thanksgiving holiday with my family!  This is my favorite fall outfit, hands down! 


What would be your dream Ains & Elke StyleHaus dress AND which of the Summer Blue Jewelry designs pieces would you pair with it? For more fun keep up with me on Facebook or Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment