Monday, February 8, 2016

Wardrobe fun with Gwynnie Bee!

It has been a while since I posted!  I have been taking a bit of a break to spend time with my family and friends, plus the winter in Michigan has made traveling a bit of a chore, so I took a much needed rest using this time to make plans.  I have tons of new blogs and photos coming your way, so be ready, I have such an exciting year planned!  My Husband, Kevin and I are starting off next week with a long needed getaway for Valentine's Day in lovely Allegan, Michigan at the Delano Mansion Inn Bed and Breakfast, a glorious home built in 1863.   I am looking forward to writing all about our experiences, I am going to have too much fun expanding my blog to include adventures in all of the lovely Michigan towns I am lucky to visit.  I want to showcase the natural beauty, great places, fabulous food and amazing atmosphere of my beloved home state!

I have not been entirely lazy during my break.  I have been having fun enjoying a free trial of Gwynnie Bee. Gwynnie Bee is a clothing rental subscription service for women sizes 10-32.  Gwynnie Bee is great for the fashionista in you, it is amazing having endless fashion at your fingertips, plus the subscription includes free shipping and free exchanges.  I have tried several brands from Gwynnie Bee that I have not purchased yet simply because I wanted the chance to try their clothing on before buying.  Gwynnie Bee gives you the opportunity to not only try garments and wear them, but if you really love something you have the option to keep it at a discounted rate, which I consider a really great option.  I might not always have an occasion to dress up but that does not stop me from wanting to, so I had a ton of fun trying all of these gorgeous styles even if the most pressing thing to do that day was run to the grocery store!  I think that this was a great solution to the winter blahs for me, giving me a bit of sunshine even on dreary days, it is important to do little things to keep yourself looking and feeling refreshed!  I highly suggest Gwynnie Bee as a great way to keep your closet fresh and try something new or different without breaking the bank.  I am sure that you will fall in love, I certainly have!!!

Hell Bunny Rosina Dress in Size:3XL
 Dress: Hell Bunny from Gwynnie Bee.  Earrings: Mystic Teardrops from Ceci Punch Designs

I loved the Rosina Dress!!  The cute 1940's style with a flattering gathered bust panels, ruched waist and sweet button accents!  The fit was really fabulous and this skirt was to die for!  I have worn many Hell Bunny dresses in the past, the reason I keep coming back to Hell Bunny is because they are one of the best quality and most affordable brands of vintage styled garments available.  I loved the flow of the dress and everyone loved it!

City Chic Black Spliced Skater Dress With Cherry Red Trim Size:L
 Dress: City Chic from Gwynnie Bee.  Earrings: Ceci Punch Designs
The Pixie, since 1948!
I had a Ranch Chicken Grinder with a Chocolate Cherry Milkshake, YUMMY!!!
I absolutely fell in love with this gorgeous Black Spliced Skater Dress with Cherry Red Trim from City Chic.  The style suited me to a "T", made of soft high quality material that flows and flatters!  I had a lot of fun on a day date with Kevin at the Pixie Restaurant in Mount Pleasant, Michigan.  I cannot believe we had never been to this fabulous retro diner that has been serving up food and fun since 1948.  The food was amazing and the atmosphere was perfect for a vintage lover like me.  I cannot wait to go back and shoot more fun photos here!!
Be still my heart!!!!
I loved this City Chic dress so much I had to add it to my closet, I am completely won over!  I have wanted to try City Chic for a few years but the fact that there are not stores local to me to try on their garments had kept me from taking the plunge, Gwynnie Bee is the perfect opportunity to have fun with your wardrobe by trying new brands and even new styles without risk.


Cherry Velvet Dita Holiday Dress in Black and Dark Red Size:1X
 Dress: Cherry Velvet from Gwynnie Bee.  Earrings: Roses by Premier Jewelry

The reviews for this Cherry Velvet Dita Dress on Gwynnie Bee were less than inspiring, but I had been dying to try Cherry Velvet and this style looked so lovely that I could not resist.  I found it to be pretty and flattering to my hourglass shape.  The material was not what I was expecting being a shimmery taffeta it swished in a fascinating manner as I walked.  I think this would be a lovely dress for an occasion where you wanted something with a lovely vintage feel but a bit more classy than just a swing dress!

Cherry Velvet Tatyana Dress in Shoe Print Size 0X
 Dress: Cherry Velvet from Gwynnie Bee.  Earrings: Ceci Punch Designs
Photobombing Pomeranian Teddy was too cute to be cropped out ;-)
This dress is exactly why I wanted to try Gwynnie Bee.  I want to be able to take risks with my wardrobe and try new things without the actual risk of buying something with the chance that it will not fit or flatter well. Cherry Velvet is another brand that I just needed to try on before I bought, but both of the Cherry Velvet dresses I tried were lovely and fit me perfectly.  I always use measurements when I am choosing a garment size in any brand, each style can fit your body differently, this is why in the Tatyana Dress I am wearing a 0X but the Dita Dress was size 1X.  This is a perfect case for how handy it is to know what your measurements are, if you are ordering styles online you can purchase something that will fit well.  This dress was fun and completely out of my comfort zone with its criss-cross neckline, peekaboo shoulders and bright bold shoe print, but I had a riot rocking a completely different me for a day and I received a ton of compliments!  I will be adding Cherry Velvet styles to my closet!!!

I have been loving Gwynnie Bee!!  I will be posting more photos and reviews from the next batch of Gwynnie Bee goodies I get!!  Until then, go check Gwynnie Bee out, try their free trial and if you are like me you will be won over  because the fashion possibilities are endless!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment