Friday, September 9, 2016

Pretty, pretty petals! The Dolly and Dotty Petal Floral Swing Dress Review

Today, I am reviewing the lovely Petal Floral Swing Dress in Purple by Dolly & Dotty.  I love Dolly & Dotty, they offer vintage inspired garments in an amazing variety of prints and styles.  I reviewed their May Dress earlier this year and am delighted to be working with them once again!

Outfit Details:
Dress: Petal Floral Swing Dress in Purple Size UK 20 courtesy of Dolly & Dotty
Hair Flower: Delightfully Dainty in Pink by Daisy Jean Floral Designs
Earrings: Mystic Drops in Ivory by Ceci Punch Designs
Hair: Alyx Wiltse
Lipstick: Red Velvet (1946) by Besame Cosmetics
Shoes: Thrifted Vintage Floral Wedges
The Petal Floral Swing Dress is a gorgeous dress that features a figure flattering V-neckline tapering in at the waist with a full swing skirt.  The Petal Floral Swing Dress is made of a soft and comfortable Cotton blend material that has minimal stretch so be sure to measure well.  The dress is lined in a contrasting color cotton material which gives it a nice bit of structure and modesty.  The V-neckline is flattering without being too revealing.  The wide straps are gathered slightly which gives them a nice feminine touch.  This dress tapers in nicely at the waist and flares into a generous full skirt.  This is a dress made to flatter your figure to perfection!  I love dresses that are whirly-twirly and full so this dress is a delight!  The skirt has a lovely shape without a petticoat as I am wearing it here, but it is large enough to accommodate a petticoat easily.



The print is a lovely pattern of different colored roses twine along green vines on a solid background.  This is not a traditional purple but more between a burgundy or plum so its a bit darker than most florals I own which makes me reach for it even more, it really stands out!  I love how Dolly & Dotty send two fabric belts with each dress.  The Petal Floral Swing Dress came with a belt that matched and one that contrasted matching the peachy colored material the dress is lines with.  I chose to style without a belt in my photos, I love that Dolly & Dotty give the wearer lots of options if I want a belt and not having belt loops attached makes the dress look complete with or without.



The Petal Swing Dress comes in a huge variety of different shades and patterns, there is definitely something for every season and every wardrobe.  I love my Petal Floral Swing Dress and wear it often, I cannot wait to style it this winter with a cardigan and fun colored tights!  Which Dolly and Dotty Dress is your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment