Saturday, August 11, 2018

Seasonal Style: Transitioning your wardrobe from summer to fall featuring the Kiyonna Phoebe Flounce Wrap Dress

Affiliate Disclaimer: This blog contains links that when clicked on and purchased from may result in a small commission for this site.



Today, I am teaming up with Kiyonna to show you how to take your wardrobe from summer to fall with simple changes.  I am featuring the Phoebe Flounce Wrap Dress, a lightweight piece that is easily styled to wear for warmer months into the chillier season.  August is still warm here in Michigan but it is a month when the weather can be unpredictable, summer weather one day can change to chilly fall temperatures the next making it tough to plan around the weather.  This crazy weather makes it necessary for me to have pieces in my closet that take my dresses from season to season easily and with a minimal expenditure.  Another great reason to add a variety of accessories to your wardrobe is to take an outfit from one occasion to another and it also allows you to use fewer items so packing for trips is a breeze.  Because we were shooting for these blog photos while waiting on promised rain, time was in short supply and I made my transition from summer style to fall style in less than five minutes because I had planned my outfit in advance, this is how I look fab without tons of time.  Style does not have to be complicated or take up all your time!

First, I have to talk about how gorgeous this Phoebe Flounce Wrap Dress is, made of a soft poly\spandex blend, this wrap style dress is adjustable for perfect fit and feels like a dream on.  The flounce detailing and beautiful peony print floral are feminine and pretty with a sexy sophistication that made me feel confident and gorgeous.  I am wearing a 2x, this is my normal Kiyonna size and fit is adjustable so it feels like it was made just for me.  I felt amazing in this dress, I am self conscious about wearing more fitted styles but I love the retro feel, flounce details add flirty flair and the print is irresistible, I had to have her!

Summertime style:
Outfit Details
Dress: Phoebe Flounce Wrap Dress in size 2x from Kiyonna
Shoes: Baby Pink Peep Toe Platform Heels from Just Fab
Hair Flower: Delightfully Dainty Double Pink from Daisy Jean Floral Designs
Earrings and Bracelet are Vintage
Makeup from Tarte
Lipstick is American Beauty from Besame Cosmetics
For summer, I prefer to keep accessories to a minimum for comfort sake.  I have extreme issues with the summer heat so less is more when it comes to styling a summer outfit for me.  This is my date night style.  I wore my Kiyonna Phoebe Flounce Wrap Dress off the shoulder, I love off shoulder styles, it is a way to feel sexy without being overly exposed and it feels fantastic in the warm weather.  I styled Phoebe in a simple yet sophisticated way with pearl drop earrings, a pearl bracelet, a coordinating pink hair flower and baby pink peep toe heels.  I felt like a bombshell in a classic movie, I thought of Sophia Loren, the ruffled decolletage reminded me of her smoldering and exotic retro style.  This dress moves like the wind so it would be fabulous for weddings and any occasion that called for dancing!



Fall and Cold Weather Styling:

Outfit Details
Dress: Phoebe Flounce Wrap Dress in size 2x from KiyonnaCardigan: Long Sleeve Cardigan in Bright Pink from MAK Sweater
Shoes: Tan Ruffle Accent Booties from Just Fab
Purse: Pink Vintage Style Wicker Purse from Pinup Girl Clothing
Earrings: Royal Blue Vintage Style Hoops from Pinup Girl Clothing
Makeup from Tarte
Lipstick is American Beauty from Besame Cosmetics
For Fall and colder months, I do not put my dresses away, I prefer wearing dresses so I have built a wardrobe of items that I can add to my dresses to make warm and stylish outfits.  My top accessory is a good cardigan, I own a variety of different styles of cardigans in a rainbow of colors.  I love the cardigans from MAK Sweater, they are a wholesale company that makes a huge variety of styles in an incredible rainbow of colors so you can always find the perfect match for your outfit or occasion.  I transitioned my Phoebe Flounce Wrap Dress for cooler weather by adding a long sleeve coordinating pink cardigan, royal blue hoop earrings, a baby pink wicker purse and tan ruffle accent booties.  This outfit is perfect for church or work and really shows the versatility of the Kiyonna Phoebe Flounce Wrap Dress, since it can be worn on or off shoulder and the wrap style allows for adjustment of fit you can take this dress from day to night or season to season easily.  Kiyonna makes so many amazing dresses with unlimited styling potential, I really enjoy taking my wardrobe from season to season, styling each dress in a multitude of different ways is a ton of fun and fuels my creativity!



I hope that you enjoyed this blog as much as I love writing it!  I would love to hear your opinions and what you would love to see on the blog, email me at sassyscarletpinup@gmail.com with feedback, questions or ideas.  You can also follow me on Instagram or Facebook for lots more photos and fun content!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment